starting strength gym
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Strongman Robert Oberst Says You Shouldn't Do Deadlifts

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hopefully since he has been filming a show with Eddie Hall, he will be shown the correct way to deadlift. Hall posted a video last week of how to perform a deadlift, and to no surprise, it's pretty close to how the blue book instructs you.

Quote Originally Posted by benihanna_77 View Post
    Hopefully since he has been filming a show with Eddie Hall, he will be shown the correct way to deadlift. Hall posted a video last week of how to perform a deadlift, and to no surprise, it's pretty close to how the blue book instructs you.
    Other than him saying "bar at the middle of the foot" ... no, not really at all.

- "drop the hips" (x5-6 times)

- I don't think once he cues to set your whole back into extension.

- Jerk the bar from the floor. (weird arms are hammer bar is nail analogy)

- "Feet straight ahead like train tracks" (not splayed outward in the slightest)

- And seems like he, like most strongmen, use a fairly wide stance and wider grip width.

- "You know when you are doing it properly when you are taking the skin off your shin"
    (this is neccessarliy true, I find people with the bar too far forward have this problem
    because it swings back into them when the weight gets heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by benihanna_77 View Post
    He was on the podcast to promote this strongman show and that's where he talked about deadlifting being bad, so it sounds to me like that ship already sailed unfortunately. The show is airing now so it was filmed a while ago.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I'll be damned. I thought those things had gone the way of all flesh when Nautilus quit making them a few decades ago.
    My gym has the real free weight setup in its basement, where it also has all the old machines that I guess they don't want to bother getting rid of.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567