starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Musser SSC: The Tour

Default John Musser SSC: The Tour

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

If this doesn't motivate everyone to get off their ass and train, nothing will. Gruesome!!!

Should be REQUIRED reading.
    Maybe slip the requirement to read this if you quit in the waiver agreement.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

This is extremely motivating. Nicely done, Musser. Haven’t had goosebumps from reading an article in quite some time. We have urgent and important work to do.

A combination of Heinlein and King. It should be compelling to ANYONE. But I see Walmartians on their own the store's Rascals all the time who are headed for this tale worthy of Sartre.

Unfortunately, neither barbell training or anything else will stave off the grim reaper. Training might make a few years more livable, but the aging process is inexorable. My mother died at 93 after an active life. She of course slowed down the last couple of years but was never in a facility, and then had a massive stroke. We transferred her to a hospice when she was still cognizant enough to tell us goodbye. Then we sat by her bedside for hours as her brain stem continued what the nurses called "fish mouth breathing". Then she passed peacefully. I hope I can exit the mortal coil as quickly and with so little fuss.

Bam! Musser nails it again. I didn't think he'd be able to top 'The Back Trail', but he has.

I can already envision myself saying to someone shortly "Stop asking useless questions and get your shit together".

I think The Aasgaard Company may have found its next publication. I'm not clever enough to think of a title, but the description will just be 'a collection of ass kicking essays by John F Musser'.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read the piece and comment. I am glad you got something out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Musser View Post
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to read the piece and comment. I am glad you got something out of it.
    Read this yesterday, hours after I skipped a workout due to only getting 3 hours of sleep the night before. Read this....printed this....made dozens of copies. Left copies for patients to browse. Laminated a copy. Posted laminated copy above my computer screen. Felt like a baby back b^%$# all day yesterday. Got home. Read it again. Ate a solid dinner. Got 6 hours of sleep. Set lifetime PRs in bench and overhead press this morning.

I guess I just needed the world's nicest dude, and scary-looking sum-b&^%$ to make me feel like a patsy-ass clown for skipping a workout.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesepuff View Post
    Should be REQUIRED reading.
    I agree!

Nice work John!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast