starting strength gym

Thread: Strongest Man in the World on History Channel

Default Strongest Man in the World on History Channel

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip,

Just curious if you've seen the tv show 'Strongest Man in the World' on the History Channel, and if so what you think about it? Some strongmen competitors travel around talking about old time strong men and "re-creating" their lifts. First one was Paul Anderson.

Sorry, I don't watch TV.

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Rip,

Just curious if you've seen the tv show 'Strongest Man in the World' on the History Channel, and if so what you think about it? Some strongmen competitors travel around talking about old time strong men and "re-creating" their lifts. First one was Paul Anderson.
    Sounds like "Forged in Fire" for lifting. Kind of a weird premise for a TV show.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I've seen all three so far, and have enjoyed it. Paul Anderson was the second one, Vikings was first (filmed in Moorehead, MN). Last night was filmed in England, near Eddie Hall's stomping grounds.

I enjoy seeing what the genetic freaks are able to accomplish, and how they approach life. The first episode talked about one of the guys (forgot which one) who only eats food he prepares himself. Consuming 10,000 calories a day, it amounts to shipping a LOT of food to his destination when he travels, and having a room with a kitchen/kitchenette available.

For me, these shows always depend on the personalities, as to whether I'd keep watching. So far, all four appear to be pretty much down-to-earth, and make it fun to watch.

As to the premise, it's just fine, though obviously limited to (I'm guessing) 8-12 episodes, and then they'll have tapped out available material.

The part I most enjoyed last night (the England episode) were the comments from the three Americans when they got to London with Eddie. They commented that Strongman competitions were a much bigger deal there, so everywhere they went, EVERYBODY knew who Eddie was. And then they were pleasantly surprised to find out that a lot of people knew who they were, as well