starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon: The Starting Strength Weightlifting Boot

Default Coming Soon: The Starting Strength Weightlifting Boot

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

I got a question regarding the leather. After buying my first leather boots, I read that you have to let them rest for up to 24 hours to let it retake its shape. I'm wondering if we'll have to do the same with this lifting boot. Can you comment on whether or not this is relevant in using these boots? I'm worried I won't be able to wear them two days in a row to lift all those insane crazy Chaselike poundages I plan on lifting sometime in the undefined future.

You have to let them rest for up to 24 hours to let it retake its shape?? Where did you hear this? I wear my White's boots for days at a time, and lots of people only have one pair of boots.

I don't know if you want me to link it, but businessinsider has a blogpost about it called "The vital reason why you shouldn't wear the same pair of shoes every day". They're not the only people that say this.

Quote: " 'If you wear the same pair everyday, your shoes don't have ample time to dry and they won't maintain their shape,' Kass told us.

If you don't give your shoes a day to air out, the sweat-soaked leather will warp, and your shoes will start to lose their shape — not to mention get musty and start to stink. The damper leather is also more prone to damage like scratches. "

Guessing that's trendy horseshit?

1. A boot like White's makes takes a long time to break in because the leather is thick and heavy. It takes a long time to soak it with footsweat to the point it needs to be dried out.

2. If your foot is the shape it's conforming to -- as it should -- it's not "losing it's shape": It's conforming to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    1. A boot like White's makes takes a long time to break in because the leather is thick and heavy. It takes a long time to soak it with footsweat to the point it needs to be dried out.

2. If your foot is the shape it's conforming to -- as it should -- it's not "losing it's shape": It's conforming to yours.
    Gotcha. Thanks, Rip.

Just bought my second pair of Smokejumpers after 23 years. I spent $360 back then, along with multiple rebuilds. Great boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldrew View Post
    If you don't give your shoes a day to air out, the sweat-soaked leather will warp, and your shoes will start to lose their shape — not to mention get musty and start to stink.
    What the hell? Do these people not own wool socks? Have they never heard of sno-seal? Do they have something against beeswax? Some sort of sweating disorder?

Sounds like imaginary first-world problems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    What the hell? Do these people not own wool socks? Have they never heard of sno-seal? Do they have something against beeswax? Some sort of sweating disorder?

Sounds like imaginary first-world problems to me.
    It's a way to get you to buy a second pair.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David Clark View Post
    It's a way to get you to buy a second pair.
    Not gonna lie, it worked. But I needed new shoes anyway and I got some nifty cheapo dress shoes out of the whole thing.

Shame they're not my style at all. Whelp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast