starting strength gym

Thread: Starting over on LP after 2.5 years off

Default Starting over on LP after 2.5 years off

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Rip.
    Haven't posted in sometime, I hope your as grouchy as ever and doing well.
    Title says it all for the most part. At the tender young age of 59 Im going to make a run at LP with 2 days off, eat and earlier to bed...might even throw in a light squat in the middle.
    I had some health issues that forced me to the sidelines for 2.5 years.
    What kind of run can I make at this and for how long can I expect to torture myself on LP.
    My last (good days) looked like this

Sqt. 315. 3x5
    DL. 350. 1x5
    Prs 145.3x5
    BP 225. 3x4
    Im pretty sure I should have moved on to interment as my recovery sucked,sleep sucked and not enough calories.
    I do inject T sub Q... 45mg wince a week.

Thank you much
    Gary

I don't see a question.

Quote Originally Posted by rimack View Post
    What kind of run can I make at this and for how long can I expect to torture myself on LP.
    Unfortunately no one can answer that question. The answer can only be found by doing the program, not by talking about doing the program. It sounds like you learned some valuable lessons the first time that you ran the program. Make use of that practical experience and do the best that you can to improve your recovery. If you are unsure of the correct course of action, refer to SSBBT and The Barbell Prescription or possibly hire a coach. Best of luck to you with your training Gary, it's great that you're getting back in the game.

Oh, that question. Joe is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Rodriguez View Post
    Unfortunately no one can answer that question. The answer can only be found by doing the program, not by talking about doing the program. It sounds like you learned some valuable lessons the first time that you ran the program. Make use of that practical experience and do the best that you can to improve your recovery. If you are unsure of the correct course of action, refer to SSBBT and The Barbell Prescription or possibly hire a coach. Best of luck to you with your training Gary, it's great that you're getting back in the game.
    Thank you

Be careful as you resume. It’s amazing how sore you can get when resuming training after a two year layoff.

starting strength coach development program
    Will do. not looking forward to that. Thanks