starting strength gym

Thread: Nutrition and Rehab Camps from Starting Strength

Questions are welcome

I get what a nutrition camp might be...but whats a recovery camp? Focusing on sleep, mediation, sauna/cold baths, Stress management, hormonal optimization, sunlight, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    I get what a nutrition camp might be...but whats a recovery camp? Focusing on sleep, mediation, sauna/cold baths, Stress management, hormonal optimization, sunlight, etc?
    The “recovery” portion is going to be focused on recovering from the injured state. How does one go about programming, modifying their program, modifying their exercise selection, utilization of lift variations, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Some of these other elements are something we'd consider as this the content for the camp evolves but this first one will primarily focus on Nutrition and injury prevention and management. The latter will be real interesting and I can attest that as a coach I have learned much from Will on this topic and firmly believe many trainees will benefit from. The first handful of discussions I had about this with him greatly expanded my abilities as a coach and I look forward to him growing that content.

These events are an excellent opportunity to get your questions answered in a live interactive format. You will benefit, and the price is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Some of these other elements are something we'd consider as this the content for the camp evolves but this first one will primarily focus on Nutrition and injury prevention and management. The latter will be real interesting and I can attest that as a coach I have learned much from Will on this topic and firmly believe many trainees will benefit from. The first handful of discussions I had about this with him greatly expanded my abilities as a coach and I look forward to him growing that content.
    Coach Robert, you and I have interacted quite a bit regarding nutrition. I have also recently suffered what I believe is an undiagnosed meniscus injury. Would the nutrition and rehab camp be beneficial?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sanders View Post
    Coach Robert, you and I have interacted quite a bit regarding nutrition. I have also recently suffered what I believe is an undiagnosed meniscus injury. Would the nutrition and rehab camp be beneficial?
    Absolutely David. Will is sitting on a wealth of knowledge on training around injuries and I'm happy to answer more of your nutrition related questions in person. It will be good for you and anyone who has run into issues in both areas.