starting strength gym
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Radio topic suggestions

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm not offended, thanks. I just think a person who uses a scientific term incorrectly might want to know.

(Though often, they don't, which is why I inserted the pro forma "sorry.")

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfacts25 View Post
    There are a lot of personal training gyms and a lot fail. What makes the SS gyms able to succeed where others cannot? Training philosophy aside, that would too easy an answer. What BUSINESS strategy do these facility’s need to operate for the long haul?
    Please dont. I listen to a lot of podcasts - including bodybuilding and powelifting podcasts - and whenever they talk business I tune out and turn them off. If you want to tangentially mention businbes, by all means, go ahead. But I want to hear meatheads discussing lifting, training, programming, nuturiution, rest and recovery. I can talk to my accountant for business advices.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadDaylight View Post
    Sorry (not sorry) to be pedantic... but female humans, aka women, do not have an (o)estrous cycle; we have a menstrual cycle. They aren't synonymous.
    This is gross. Im offended. Decorum, please, motherfuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee F. Stewart View Post
    Programming for female lifters in proximity (or during) oestrus cycle. Not being funny. What considerations? Has there been observed changes, good or bad, in performance leading up to or during oestrus? Perhaps a female coach to attend discussion would be prudent?
    Sorry (not sorry) to be pedantic... but female humans, aka women, do not have an (o)estrous cycle; we have a menstrual cycle. They aren't synonymous.
    Yep.

My two cents is that I find the topic horribly uninteresting -- there's simply an enormous variation between individual women on this for it to be worth discussing as a general topic. Some do better at different points, some worse, some are barely functional on certain days, and others have no problems at all. You have to dig down far enough to get anywhere useful for person A that it becomes completely unusable for person B. And the thing is both person A and person B know far more from their own training log and their patterns before they started training to better sort out what they need to do or not do than they're going to get from a general conversation no matter how peppered with anecdotes it may be.

I thought we were looking for points of discussion or clarification for the podcast? Seems like we have here a subject that you intellectual elites can clear up for the rest of us troglodytes. Unless of course I am the only one that doesn't know the finer details of modifying programming (or not) for female humans in and aorund their menstrual (yes, as I understand it you expel the endometrium rather and reabsorb it....sorry for the offence) cycle.

Please call off the SS assasins.

Strength and gymnastics because look how strong they are and they don't (supposedly) lift weights...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee F. Stewart View Post
    Please call off the SS assasins.
    Too late. You're already dead, and therefore not reading this post. So why am I typing it? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    My two cents is that I find the topic horribly uninteresting -- there's simply an enormous variation between individual women on this for it to be worth discussing as a general topic. Some do better at different points, some worse, some are barely functional on certain days, and others have no problems at all.
    Fair enough. The only people I've tried my hand at coaching so far happened to be female and I've just been curious about it. I would never bring it up to a client unless she wanted to talk about it in the context of training and so thought I would consult with the community here.

But I get it, no more menstration talk.....PERIOD. (<- sorry, really not sorry)

Sounds like combat boots out front...better go check it out...

Would be good to get any guests outside of the SS echo chamber who have different training philosophies, applications and experiences good or bad.

starting strength coach development program
    I’d like to hear about the importance of training atmosphere regarding training alone vs. in groups, in private vs. public and what helps to motivate individuals in any of those various situations.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast