starting strength gym
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Starting Strength Radio topic suggestions

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think a lot of people would benefit from using the resources we've already provided them -- for free. I think that if you want someone to repackage them so you don't have to do the work yourself, you pay for that. Decide what you want, and place your order. We'll get right on it.
    The suggestion is not for myself. I'm a hobbylifter who can put the video on autorepeat until I think I understand most of what's being told. I just thought these topics are worth going over once again on this radio, that's all.

As a show topic, I am not qualified to discuss the literature. When Will gets here, we'll ask him.

Rip, any chance you'd be able to get John Musser on the show? There's no doubt everybody would benefit from hearing his stories. Heck, even just hearing him read one of his essays would be absolutely amazing. Is he 'the world's most interesting strength coach'?

Reaction to the new Tool record?

I have enjoyed some of the recent podcast focusing on the 2-factor model of sports preparation. I particularly liked the one dealing with the importance of strength training for Olympic Weightlifting. I would love to see the sport of competitive strongman tackled using this same approach as it could generate some interesting discussion and analysis. I would be interested to hear a discussion between Mark and perhaps a seasoned strongman competitor discussion this concept of Training vs. Practice and the relative importance of barbell training vs. event training for the sport of strongman.

Is there anyone whose work on early Homo Sapiens would speak to both the physical demands of the early environment and lifestyle and be able to intelligently speculate about how it compares to today and what the health impact of this is. What would early humans have been likely able to squat or deadlift by the time they hit puberty?

A physical anthropologist would be fun to talk to, if there are any remaining in the field of anthropology. That discipline has been almost totally consumed by SJWs.

I'd love to see a physical therapy episode. Several SSC's are also PTs and could be on the show. I'd like to hear about why it's "fraud" and why it's ineffective, and what barbell training can do to improve it.

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

starting strength coach development program
    Strength and faith.

From the SS:BBT 3rd Ed. "Physical strength is the most important thing in life. This is true whether we want it to be or not. ...This reality is offensive to some people who would like the intellectual or spiritual to take precedence. It is instructive to see what happens to these very people as their squat strength goes up."

Have you considered a discussion or 2 with people of strong faith that have improved their strength to get their take on this topic?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678