starting strength gym

Thread: Thank you to Rip

Default Thank you to Rip

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ok, so not a question, but a thank you to Rip for making the information available to help someone get stronger. I was recently in a vehicle accident with my family. It resulted in our Ford Expedition on its side in the ditch. I was driving slow so there were no injuries other than my wife's shoulder being bruised from hitting the window as we tipped.

The strength I have gained from being about 3 weeks into the novice linear progression allowed me to easily open the front door of the truck as an overhead press to get my wife an I out and to be able to open the back door from the outside to allow my kids to get out.

While I am sure I could have done this before weight training, rather than struggling with it, it was a fairly simple task, other than trying to get a hold of the rear door from outside the vehicle.

Thanks again Rip for giving us the knowledge we need to get stronger and be more useful.

Nice job. Good man.

I value Starting Strength for the ADL (Activities of Daily Living). Which for me a silly things like loading my own plywood at Home Depot and then helping the young guy in the car next to me load his, maybe picking up the heavy boxes at work that the other programmers can't lift, etc. But using your new found strength to come to the aid of your wife and family, that is priceless!

Rip I have to second the vote that you change people's lives!