Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Gyms

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    Out of curiosity, and because Craig Bearrs is 10 hours away from my little corner of BC, is there anything in the works for Spokane or Coeur D’alene?
    The closest gyms to you are Boise (open) and Beaverton (under construction). Each gym owner will open a second gym in their area but nothing is planned for Spokane or Coeur D'alene at the moment.

An Interview With Jen Smith, Co-owner of Starting Strength Beaverton

An Interview with Paul Horn, Head Coach of Starting Strength Boise

Starting Strength Coach

Pardon the silence lately, it's been a crazy couple of months. We've opened three gyms in the last three weeks: Cincy, San Antonio, and Orlando. We have three more opening in the next several weeks as well: Memphis, Katy (Houston Metro), and Chicago.

We have 11 open now. We'll be at 14 in January. We've just signed our 27th gym - congratulations to John Haun on his second gym, Starting Strength Nashville.

2022 is going to be a big year for us. Starting Strength Gyms is a nationwide franchise.

Lastly, I'm going to start experimenting with video content for franchise updates. If you'd like to know anything about our business, the team, our gym owners, the coaches, or whatever you happen to be curious about, post here and I'll reply and/or cover it in a future video.

Motherhood and Training with Shelley Wells - Starting Strength Houston

Rachel’s Postpartum Strength Training Progression at Starting Strength Boise

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Pardon the silence lately, it's been a crazy couple of months. We've opened three gyms in the last three weeks: Cincy, San Antonio, and Orlando. We have three more opening in the next several weeks as well: Memphis, Katy (Houston Metro), and Chicago.

We have 11 open now. We'll be at 14 in January. We've just signed our 27th gym - congratulations to John Haun on his second gym, Starting Strength Nashville.

2022 is going to be a big year for us. Starting Strength Gyms is a nationwide franchise.

Lastly, I'm going to start experimenting with video content for franchise updates. If you'd like to know anything about our business, the team, our gym owners, the coaches, or whatever you happen to be curious about, post here and I'll reply and/or cover it in a future video.
    You all have done a tremendous amount of work. I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on rural and small town gyms, and if you see any viable business models for those population densities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bre Hillen View Post
    Rachel’s Postpartum Strength Training Progression at Starting Strength Boise

I watched this, and I'll come clean. I was near hypnotized by the guy putting the signage on the window......

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    You all have done a tremendous amount of work. I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on rural and small town gyms, and if you see any viable business models for those population densities.
    Thank you.

It depends on how small and rural you're thinking. Let me know what cities you had in mind and I'll do a quick analysis to give you an educated guess.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Thank you.

It depends on how small and rural you're thinking. Let me know what cities you had in mind and I'll do a quick analysis to give you an educated guess.
    I think a good place to start that is relatively representative of the rural areas between already established gyms would be Mountain View, AR. The area has a micropolitan area of roughly 40k population with 12.4k in the city, and also is relatively active area for sportsmen, outdoor activities and a logistics hub for the surrounding area given its isolation from interstate and rail traffic.

If that isn't large enough, a look into Rogers, AR (61k, bedroom community for Bentonville and part of the Bentonville-Fayetteville metropolitan area) and Conway (70k, large college town with close proximity to the capital) would be my next bets for viable locations. Jonesboro would be a third, but its close proximity to Memphis, TN may or may not be viable for that area.

Thank you, in advance, for your consideration. I hope to be certified one day, but in the foreseeable future it would be as a part of a department and for the purpose of running a program outside of a profit.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast