Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Gyms

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by eyezm View Post
    Any insight/info as to whether Albuquerque, NM would be a good prospective city for opening up a SS Gym?
    Tough to say for sure. It is a top 50 market for us in terms of hits to the website, but I’m not familiar with the local demographics. Fill out the form at the bottom of own.ssgyms.com if you’d like me to inquire with our R/E partner. He will send us data on average income, density, etc.

Just filled out the form, hopefully some good info turns up!

Hey Ray, is there any chance of a SS gym opening in San Diego county in the near future?

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Bynon View Post
    Hey Ray, is there any chance of a SS gym opening in San Diego county in the near future?
    Hi Ethan, none at the moment. Be sure to put in your details at locations.ssgyms.com to send us a demand signal. When prospects inquire, we look at this sort of data to determine what markets might perform best. San Diego is a no-brainer, current politics notwithstanding.

Already put my details in for San Diego, now I just have wait by the proverbial mailbox while California pulls its head out of its ass. I am aiming to become a SS coach, and having a SS gym in my county would be a dream come true.

How many gyms in your county are open right now?

All indoor gym facilities are closed until further notice. If a gym is able to provide an outdoor training area, they may use that area as they see fit in accordance with state-issued guidelines. So unless your facility can take over a section of the parking lot or you have an outdoor area already, you're SOL. I know of at least one facility nearby that was able to take over part of their parking lot with some turf green, they're now running a 24/7 outdoor gym in Vista, CA.

Login • Instagram

Of course there are also gyms here fighting against business closures, but most of it has become invite only "illegal" openings. It's funny and sad to think of places like gyms becoming some reincarnation of speakeasys, gym rats quietly benching in the dark, ears pricked up for the boots of petty tyrants.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...id-california/

Yet you want us to open a gym in San Diego County, after our affiliate gym owner had to close 2 clubs there? Were you a member of either of those gyms?

I wasn't aware there were SS affiliate gyms in San Diego, I was only aware of Horn S&C in Los Angeles. I will start investigating that immediately.

The initial request was mostly for when the COVID shut-down crap finally dies (if ever).

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Hi Ethan, none at the moment. Be sure to put in your details at locations.ssgyms.com to send us a demand signal. When prospects inquire, we look at this sort of data to determine what markets might perform best. San Diego is a no-brainer, current politics notwithstanding.
    There is a gym here that calls itself Starting Strength affiliated (or at least there was before the pandemic. I assume that is a level below being a SS gym.

Valens Strength Training in the Grantville/Mission Gorge area is one of the affiliated gyms, and it is very well outfitted. If I recall correctly they hosted a SS Seminar not too long ago.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast