starting strength gym
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Gyms

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jump 22 View Post
    But only offering one type of programming seems odd in today’s economic situation
    That's what I like about it. If there was one in NJ, I would certainly join.
    I was a member at a commercial gym for many years. They offered everything, including 8 power racks with platforms. The only issue was that every morning for 2 hours, 80% of them were reserved for a group fitness class doing kettlebell snatches with a boom box blasting so loud that I could hear it over my in-ear headphones. Finally, I just quit doing squats, presses and dead lifts because it was difficult to program a session if I didn't know what equipment would be available. And besides, the leg press is just as good, right? I didn't know any better. I started doing isolation exercises and even then, I often had to change up on the fly based on which machines had a towel reserving the seat. It was a nice facility, but I wasn't making gains and I had no idea why. After some research, I stumbled on Starting Strength and decided that it was time for a change.

I enjoy training in my garage now, but I miss the social aspect and I don't have access to someone who can correct my form. If there was a place where I could 'reserve' a rack, have access to a knowledgeable trainer and be surrounded by other people who had similar goals and encouraged each other to exceed those goals, I would sign up today.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by NickC View Post
    If there was one in NJ, I would certainly join.
    Working on it - where in NJ are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    This was very satisfying to watch. Brent, excellent work!
    And I note on the recent episode of SS radio that Rip mentioned Dallas has added their 100th member. That is an amazing effort! Well done Brent and all the team at SS Dallas!

Working on it - where in NJ are you?
    I am in Moorestown, NJ. It's southern NJ, about 25 minutes outside of Philadelphia. Which area are you looking at to open a gym?

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by NickC View Post
    I am in Moorestown, NJ. It's southern NJ, about 25 minutes outside of Philadelphia. Which area are you looking at to open a gym?
    Our lead prospect in NJ is looking in the Morristown/Parsippany area, which is 90 minutes away from you?

SS Philly will be the closest gym to you, once we find the right business partner (or employer) for the SSC that's interested in that area. I think a gym would do well there, it's right below Denver at #17 in the nation in terms of hits to StartingStrength.com.

Our lead prospect in NJ is looking in the Morristown/Parsippany area, which is 90 minutes away from you?

SS Philly will be the closest gym to you, once we find the right business partner (or employer) for the SSC that's interested in that area. I think a gym would do well there, it's right below Denver at #17 in the nation in terms of hits to StartingStrength.com.
    Yes, Morristown is about 90 minutes. Philly is closer at 25 minutes to the bridge. I would probably go to either one for a training session once a month or every other month for 'check-ups' if that is an option, but I don't think I would be able to commit to the drive 3x per week.

Our lead prospect in NJ is looking in the Morristown/Parsippany area
    Best news I’ve had all week. I’m not there, but I have many friends and family members who are. If you open there, I will be very pleased.

Starting Strength Coach

We’ve just signed another Area Developer team - Jen and Derrick Smith in the Pacific Northwest. First gym will likely be in Portland early to mid-next year.

Separately, JD Shipley, Owner of Starting Strength Houston is now an SSC! That’s four SSCs in one gym. Great timing as he prepares to open Houston #2. Houston was our first gym to 100 members, too. The team there is executing on the franchise model with precision and speed - love it!

Congratulations Ray - this is wonderful news. I'm excited to see the SS Gym tentacles spreading to the Pacific Northwest. Welcome Jen and Derrick!

And a HUGE congratulations to JD also, one of the true pioneers of the SSG movement. It's been inspiring watching your journey JD (albeit from afar), and I know its only the beginning. Well done on recruiting your 100th member, and kudos on becoming a certified coach. I wish you every success with the opening of your Katy location, I have no doubt it will be as much of a success as Houston. Keep up the great work mate!

starting strength coach development program
    Any insight/info as to whether Albuquerque, NM would be a good prospective city for opening up a SS Gym?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast