starting strength gym
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Gyms

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thanks Andrew - no mask required in the gym, so that's not the issue; plate or bar weight discrepancy could well be an issue.

This morning was my squat-press-DL session and the press felt a lot stronger than last Friday. My hypotheses: 1). Every rack in the gym faces a mirror, no mirrors in my garden at home, lifted today with my back to the mirror, much easier to concentrate; 2). First time pressing with a belt last Friday I think constrained my hip movement, very conscious of that today, and it worked fine; 3). More distractions in the gym than my back garden - I just need to get back in the zone of lifting with a few people around - all other lifts fine, but I've always found the press to be the one lift most likely to be hit by a lack of focus.

Hey, Ray! Do you see the Cincinnati area as a potential location for a Starting Strength Gym? If so I'd love to work with Starting Strength and serve as the franchisee/owner. I've submitted my info/data via the gym ownership submission form on the website. Just wanted to help make sure it's on your radar. I look forward to hearing from the team!

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CincyStrength View Post
    Hey, Ray! Do you see the Cincinnati area as a potential location for a Starting Strength Gym?
    The web traffic to Cincinnati is solid: #40 in the nation with 8.3k hits in the last year.

I'd like to learn more about the demographics there. Let's discuss and then I'll contact our R/E partner to provide us with some local market data. I'll send over my meeting booking link to you now via email. Thanks!

The prospect of a Starting Strength gym in Cincinnati is pretty exciting. I'd probably still train at home, but having a solid gym to recommend to others will be great. Long term I wonder if one of my kids might take to coaching, and I really like the idea of having a place they can learn that trade.

Starting Strength Coach

We've just signed an Area Developer in Idaho. Warm welcome to Dave Fox!

More announcements coming soon. We are going through a growth spurt.

Starting Strength Coach

San Antonio is now signed. It's Brent and Andrew's 4th gym purchase. Since Starting Strength Dallas is doing so well (full with a waiting list), they've committed to opening 20 gyms!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    San Antonio is now signed. It's Brent and Andrew's 4th gym purchase. Since Starting Strength Dallas is doing so well (full with a waiting list), they've committed to opening 20 gyms!
    Are you able to produce that many SSC whitout droping in quality ?

Have you thought about some kind of system to control what is going on at the gym ? How will you know if some coach went rouge with his "new improved" trainig method when you will have 100 locations ?

How is the book sales going in Poland ? Are you happy with sale numbers ? Do you see a chance to open an SS Gym there in forseeable future ?

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Szymon View Post
    Are you able to produce that many SSC whitout droping in quality ?
    The certification standards aren't changing which means quality won't drop. Can we develop enough coaches quickly enough to fulfill the growth needs of the gyms? That's the plan.

Have you thought about some kind of system to control what is going on at the gym ? How will you know if some coach went rouge with his "new improved" trainig method when you will have 100 locations ?
    We have a detailed manual that outlines how the gyms need to operate. We also provide support and oversight to the franchise owners (Nick Delgadillo runs this) which includes regular visits, support, and training. The franchise owners contractually agree to adhere to our standards. Since following them keeps the franchise owners in compliance with the Franchise Agreement and it maximizes their chances of success, we don't expect to have many problems. Especially since we carefully vet franchise owners and intentionally filter people out that aren't 100% committed to our methods.

How is the book sales going in Poland ? Are you happy with sale numbers ? Do you see a chance to open an SS Gym there in forseeable future ?
    Outside of my domain - maybe Rip, Stef, or Bre can comment. No plans for any SS franchise gyms outside of the US at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    20! That's amazing! Congrats Brent and Andrew. And well done SSG franchise team for producing some a compelling product that would encourage people to make such a significant investment!

Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Welcome Luke Schroeder, future owner of Starting Strength Cincinnati!

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast