starting strength gym
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Gyms

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Congratulations to Brent Carter and Andrew Mueller for signing their fifth gym: Atlanta. This is their first gym outside of Texas and their second outside of DFW.

Gym #1 in Dallas has eight of its 12 available training time-slots full with waiting lists.

Gym #2 in Plano just opened and has sold out their first time-slot: MWF @ 5:30am.

Gym #3 in San Antonio is starting construction soon and will open in October or November.

Gym #4 will be in Fort Worth and is at the beginning stages of real estate selection.

Gym #5 will be in Atlanta and is official as of today. It is the franchise company's 22nd gym signing.

Five down out of 20 planned for Brent and Andrew. The franchise company has doubled its retail footprint year-to-date and it should double again before the year's finished. I'll put together an article soon with a franchise-wide update.

Congratulations Brent and Andrew, fantastic news.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Congratulations to Brent Carter and Andrew Mueller for signing their fifth gym: Atlanta. This is their first gym outside of Texas and their second outside of DFW.

Gym #1 in Dallas has eight of its 12 available training time-slots full with waiting lists.

Gym #2 in Plano just opened and has sold out their first time-slot: MWF @ 5:30am.

Gym #3 in San Antonio is starting construction soon and will open in October or November.

Gym #4 will be in Fort Worth and is at the beginning stages of real estate selection.

Gym #5 will be in Atlanta and is official as of today. It is the franchise company's 22nd gym signing.

Five down out of 20 planned for Brent and Andrew. The franchise company has doubled its retail footprint year-to-date and it should double again before the year's finished. I'll put together an article soon with a franchise-wide update.

I was wondering the time scale might a gym in NE Ohio open up or it might be considered? I saw that Akron/Canton/Cleveland is on the list of cities in the area that SS is willing to open in. I am excited to see Cincy and Columbus open!

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Oliver View Post
    I was wondering the time scale might a gym in NE Ohio open up or it might be considered? I saw that Akron/Canton/Cleveland is on the list of cities in the area that SS is willing to open in. I am excited to see Cincy and Columbus open!
    Hard to say when we might get one in NE Ohio. The business model has proven itself in markets with varying degrees of brand awareness so we are now considering any US market that has dense pockets of high income households. Timing will depend on when a qualified franchise prospect inquires about the area and we all agree that it's a high potential market.

We're excited about the growth too - the number of dots on the map continue to expand, which is good news for anyone that wants to see Starting Strength affect more people's lives and become a part of the conversation in mainstream fitness.

Starting Strength Coach

Starting Strength Tampa is signed!

Starting Strength Indianapolis and Starting Strength Columbus are signing next.

Starting Strength Memphis just signed their lease and will open later this year alongside Orlando, Cincinatti, and San Antonio.

If all goes well, Katy, Beaverton, and Chicago will open this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Starting Strength Tampa is signed!
    Where, Ray?

Once the agreement is signed, the search for a location starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Once the agreement is signed, the search for a location starts.
    Yep, Ray just let me know. Lots of potential in Tampa, I think, for the brand.

Starting Strength Coach

For those of you that enjoy reading updates about the gyms, check out the Coaching forum. Each gym has an active thread there with updates about their coaching staff, growth, member stories, events, etc.

starting strength coach development program
    Tampa will be a great market for SS!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast