starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength Radio: Scott Davison and the B-52

Interesting podcast.

The part that really struck me was that becoming a civilian sounded unquestionably like the most difficult and unrewarding thing this man ever did. It is very dangerous to have more than the minimum skill set in today's labor market and it is not limited to history majors. An engineering grad who has spent time doing non-engineering work can be virtually unemployable too.

I would buy a book by this guy. In addition to the detailed and fascinating lived-history there was a fair amount of military philosophy that poked out a few times and that I imagine would be part of the thought process of someone so thoughtful sitting ready to participate in ending "all life on the planet" for so many years...

I would be happy to pre-order/ pre-pay for my copy of his book, if that would help. Let us know. (Also, don't you imagine there are a few more interviews worth of material to be mined there?)

That was amazing. Nice job, all around. So many different moments of gold, there.

Being prepared to "end all life on the planet" and being eager to do so are entirely different things.

That comes through quite clearly, in this interview, I would say.