starting strength gym

Thread: A question after returning from 2 weeks holiday

Default A question after returning from 2 weeks holiday

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've always come back from holidays and immediately used my previous PR weight but reduced the reps to singles. So, where I squatted 102.5 Kg for 3 sets of 5, I will do 3 sets of singles. On light day I will reduce 1 set of 5 @ 90Kg to 1 set of 3 @ 90Kg. Over the following weeks I add 1 rep to each set until I'm back at my previous rep/sets. I'm always a bit sore after the first week training, but the soreness only lasts a week.

As a 59 year old male intermediate using HLM do you regard this as a reasonable way to get back into training, or would you do anything differently ?

Sounds like a wonderful way to make your vacay last 6 weeks. Back up 2 workouts, do them on your normal schedule, and then resume your program on the 3rd workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Sounds like a wonderful way to make your vacay last 6 weeks. Back up 2 workouts, do them on your normal schedule, and then resume your program on the 3rd workout.
    LoL -aw Rip your such a meany. I didn't want to back up because it meant dropping the weight 5lbs, but if you say I should, then that's good enough for me.....y'meany.