starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiropractors

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by m_sporkboy View Post
    If you have a regular appointment with a back crackin' guy, you're being played.
    So you are saying that NFL football players are being played? I happen to know where a bunch of NY Giants guys are on Mondays. So your calling them out as being played.

Now if you were commenting on the caliber of their play then that's a different conversation.

What do the NY Giants do for S&C? I can see them being played like $10 ukuleles.

Strength Coach Aaron Wellman takes you inside Giants' regimen

From what I've been told socially their S&C program is medieval at best and destructive at the most. Couple that with a mediocre O line and you have the Giants.

My point was more to point out that its equally dogmatic to say a regular appointment is foolish as to say once every three months is foolish. Each person has their own set of parameters that dictates their own needs. I can say for myself I need adjusting much less often now that Uncle Rip has me carrying a lot more back muscles.

I think the point was that regular chiropractic adjustment is a business model, not a therapy model.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso Rojo View Post
    So you are saying that NFL football players are being played? I happen to know where a bunch of NY Giants guys are on Mondays. So your calling them out as being played.
    Yes. I 100% stand by my statement.

Look, the studies on chiro adjustment are universally awful, showing no benefit at all. If you take x-rays before and after, nobody can tell which x-ray is which. And reported pain the day after doesn't improve, on average.

On the flip side, I *know* I've had 100% permanent relief of a multi-month pain episode after one treatment, so I kinda think there's probably something there, with an effect size too small for conventional studies.

This all adds up to me being both sure that adjustments can help, and also sure that they mostly don't, beyond placebo effect.

So if you're asking if some guys who get head injuries for a living and play with chronic pain can get played by an impressive guy in a white coat doing something dramatic, I have to respond with an emphatic yes.

Quote Originally Posted by m_sporkboy View Post
    Yes. I 100% stand by my statement.

Look, the studies on chiro adjustment are universally awful, showing no benefit at all. If you take x-rays before and after, nobody can tell which x-ray is which. And reported pain the day after doesn't improve, on average.

On the flip side, I *know* I've had 100% permanent relief of a multi-month pain episode after one treatment, so I kinda think there's probably something there, with an effect size too small for conventional studies.

This all adds up to me being both sure that adjustments can help, and also sure that they mostly don't, beyond placebo effect.

So if you're asking if some guys who get head injuries for a living and play with chronic pain can get played by an impressive guy in a white coat doing something dramatic, I have to respond with an emphatic yes.
    If you want to rail against the man, fine. You aren't necessarily wrong in that there are many flawed studies with regards to the benefits, but it's more likely that the studies are flawed in their scope, methodology, and measurements. In the absence, there is sufficient empirical evidence to suggest it needs to be separated from its more dubious past and practices and considered for what it is: a viable, non-invasive alternative to orthopedic surgery with a well-defined theraputic range and effect. Sometimes, the effects of adjustment are transient, but usually because the conditions which caused the issue persist.

Everyone conveniently forgets that modern doctors in western medicine used to be called barbers back in the day. It's foolish to cast aside potential solutions just because they used to be wrong, or even if they aren't entirely correct in the here and now.

They are amazing. And tes restoring tbe bodily efficiency helps facilitate removal of toxins. At least that's my story and i are sticking to it

Yes, toxins and poisons. They must be removed. By a chiropractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yes, toxins and poisons. They must be removed. By a chiropractor.
    Chiropractors, weirdo Physical Therapists, holistic health practitioners, naturopaths, and “wellness coaches” function very well as an external, supplementary liver.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Chiropractors, weirdo Physical Therapists, holistic health practitioners, naturopaths, and “wellness coaches” function very well as an external, supplementary liver.
    You left out Reiki healers. I and other Eastern ooga-booga practitioners are deeply offended.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast