starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Practical programming

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    I see your point. However, it doesnt hurt to check. Cheque in post.
    Hopefully in USD$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddyin94 View Post
    Great to know all those opinions on RPE, and yet has never read PPST.
    Ugh, so disappointing...

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    How expensive has your free health care made this book?

I may be decadent and bourgeoisie, but I have been known at times to buy a good book impulsively... without 2 weeks of internal deliberation.
    The EU makes it expensive. £40 which is about $50 maybe. It would be about 5 minutes of deliberation, but I cannot get an instant reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Hopefully in USD$$$.
    Or Groats.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddyin94 View Post
    Great to know all those opinions on RPE, and yet has never read PPST.
    If I had read PPE you would might have accused me of being taken in by the cult of SS.
    I made my comments based on logic-the art of non-contradictory identification. The way to go is objective reality, not subjective delusion, but feel free to keep taking the Kool aid.

Asking if Practical Programming talks about rack pulls is, to use a tortured analogy, like asking if the Silmarillion talks about hobbits. I mean, it does...but within a much broader context.

The chapter on intermediate programming alone is a wealth of information on many of the possible variations one can do. Frankly, a lot of the minutiae may not make sense until you're actually *doing* intermediate programming and understand the impact changing one variable has on other aspects of programming. The challenge is, that unlike novice programming, which is pretty cut and dried, you'll actually have to make some decisions about how to proceed. But in my opinion PP will give you all the information you need to do that.

I have it in e-book form but this is one that is probably worth shelling out the dough for the hardcopy, just because all of the tables with training examples will be much easier to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    Asking if Practical Programming talks about rack pulls is, to use a tortured analogy, like asking if the Silmarillion talks about hobbits. I mean, it does...but within a much broader context.

The chapter on intermediate programming alone is a wealth of information on many of the possible variations one can do. Frankly, a lot of the minutiae may not make sense until you're actually *doing* intermediate programming and understand the impact changing one variable has on other aspects of programming. The challenge is, that unlike novice programming, which is pretty cut and dried, you'll actually have to make some decisions about how to proceed. But in my opinion PP will give you all the information you need to do that.

I have it in e-book form but this is one that is probably worth shelling out the dough for the hardcopy, just because all of the tables with training examples will be much easier to read.
    I'm at the point where I'm experimenting with variables-suddenly the log book starts to look more like a scientific note book. I've been on intermediate for 18 months feeling my way forward, but I'm trying to avoid re-making the wheel by using the observations of those that have been lifting for years.

It's on order. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can glean. Particularly if it leads to hard, Rip like nipples ;-)

You've been "on intermediate" for 18 months, but you haven't read the chapter in the book that actually defines the term. Okay.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You've been "on intermediate" for 18 months, but you haven't read the chapter in the book that actually defines the term. Okay.
    No, but I'm certainly looking forward to doing so. For the moment I shall refer to my current status as indeterminate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12