starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SS Power Rack Questions:

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Finger tight has proven to be quite effective for the past 35 years. I don't want to have to use a wrench every time I change the bolt position. You'll see when they get there.
    For ease of tightening and removal would wing nuts be the preferred choice as opposed to hex nuts?

Boys, I've already done the testing. That's why you bought it -- you know it works. Just use it like it comes.

starting strength coach development program
    I have 7 racks virtually identical to Marks design ( built many years prior to the internet). Marks design is the best power rack available in the market today.

I have a suggestion for one improvement to Marks design that I did to mine re the adjusting nuts on the bolts.

Find a pipe with the internal diameter that the nuts fit snugly into and cut that pipe into six inch lengths. Then weld the nut almost flush in the end of that pipe. Leave the nut protruding about a sixteenth of an inch

Now you have a six inch “handle” attached to the nut to grip while tightening the nuts.

Easier than snugging the nut with your fingers.

Take a file or some emory cloth and knock the sharp edge off the end of the pipe pipe so it won’t cut you.

I can email a photo to anyone interested

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12