starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poignant.

Huffy?

Way to twist the knife.

When any group sets itself up as being above criticism--and more importantly, when a significant portion of the public allows that to happen, we end up with a new religion--wherein anyone who does criticize its adherents, does so at peril of being ostracized and labelled. Thus it is with those who choose to attempt to change their gender. They constitute a very tiny minority percentage of the population--and yet they exercise a degree of power out of all proportion to that percentage. Why? Partially because they have been tied in with the much larger--and more influential--gay, Lesbian, and bi-sexual "community," and, to a lesser extent, that of the more radical feminists.

The good news is that many women--even many on the left--are waking up to the harm their blind defense of anything trans-gender has caused, not just to women's athletics--but to the sanity of our Country. Very few today care--or ought to care--about the sexual preferences of consenting adults. Personally, I have no problem with a man' having his penis sliced off or a woman's having one sewn on--so long as public funds--or my insurance pool--do not pay for it--and in that case, I am sadly disappointed!

Even more offensive--and engendering of anger--are the parents of children who make the decision to "transition" their young children to a different gender. Such a case is now happening here in Texas--where a father is attempting to protect his son from his estranged wife--who is petitioning the Court to give the boy hormone treatments. And what comes next--cutting off his penis and carving out a vagina? Fortunately, this is Texas--at least for now--and Governor Abbott is intervening. I suppose if this were California, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois--or even Texas once enough Californians and illegal aliens move here, the child might be shit-out-of-luck. What his mother is trying to do would once have been considered the worst form of child abuse. And now? She is in all likelihood going to get a hearing in Court.

Think about that.

All that you said Comancheria, plus my own less articulate take on this.

I don't care what people do to or with their plumbing or who they do it with as long as consenting adults are involved in it. In fact, it doesn't really bother me that some people are dissatisfied with in the intakes and outflows of the plumbing they were born with. Shit happens in the brain. But when those so afflicted and their advocates lobby to make their problem MY problem too, well, that's when I begin to take issue with it all.

But take heart, it appears that some of the afflicted have attempted a bridge too far and resistance is building. Make Your Voice Heard: Men Don’t Belong in Women’s Sports

It's about time. Unless women unite and stand up against this travesty, they will be relegated to a status worse than the one they had prior to Title IX.

Most of the people I've met who are actually trans just want to do their own thing and be left alone. It's the parents and "allies" who seem to be the problem from my perspective.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Truly 1984 is here. Double think, thought police, and big brother are every where. Soon to come reeducation centers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post

But take heart, it appears that some of the afflicted have attempted a bridge too far and resistance is building. Make Your Voice Heard: Men Don’t Belong in Women’s Sports

It's about time. Unless women unite and stand up against this travesty, they will be relegated to a status worse than the one they had prior to Title IX.
    Yes, but Transgender female NCAA cross-country runner named Conference Female Athlete of the Week.html.

Be that as it may, the NCAA is an organization, and one currently taking heavy fire from the leftist legislatures of CA and IL. Both of which passed bills to allow athletes to get money for endorsements while they are playing in the NCAA. One suspects that the NCAA did this as a sop to gain some Indulgences from the Leftist Church of Righteousness.

The fact remains that humans born as women and with no aftermarket modifications or scrambled synapses as individuals need to make their voices heard on this. Either by way of the courts, the MSM, or the increasingly powerful swamps of social media.

Organizations like the NCAA are going to protect their own interests, which are not the same as the interests of the athletes they purport to serve.

This one (case, incident, whatever) looks pretty bad.

By LetsRun.com
    August 27, 2019

When June Eastwood steps onto the start line for the Clash of the Inland Northwest cross country meet on Saturday morning in Cheney, Wash., she will make history. Eastwood, a senior at the University of Montana, will become the fastest distance runner to ever compete in an NCAA Division I women’s race.

In fact, it won’t even be close.

Eastwood’s personal best in the 800 meters is 1:55.23. That’s almost four seconds faster than the collegiate record of 1:59.10 set by Raevyn Rogers in 2017.

Her personal best in the 1500 is 3:50.19. Jenny Simpson’s collegiate record, unchallenged for a decade, is almost 10 seconds slower (3:59.90).

Eastwood has run 14:38.80 in the 5,000, far ahead of Simpson’s collegiate record of 15:01.70.

Despite those PBs, it is far from certain Eastwood will win on Saturday. Eastwood has won just two races out of 56 in three years of competition for Montana. She’s never won a national title or earned All-American honors. In fact, she’s never even qualified for the national meet.

The reason? For the first three years of her career, June Eastwood competed on the men’s team.

starting strength coach development program
    I love that 'news' site. Here's a similar story I saw there last week. Man Identifying As 6-Year-Old Crushes Game-Winning Homer In Tee-Ball Championship | The Babylon Bee

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast