starting strength gym
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SS coaches numbers

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappey1 View Post
    I appreciate the support.

This original thread was not just about my buddy or my individual preferences. I honestly think there is a big market out there that would like to see the same stuff I would like to see. The survey results backed it up. I'm not sure how much the "target demographic" spends on lifting equipment but I spend a ton. I bought 3 high end bars in the last year plus tons of other various equipment and weights. I have read two of Mark's books several times and watch or read most of his content.

If life time lifters are not the target maybe they should be was the bottom line of this thread.

This is the internet and I am just some dude but maybe I can get some conversations generated?
    This is a complex question and you will see it from another perspective over time.

The number of world-class strength athletes is small. The number of world-class strength athletes with a high IQ is even smaller. The number of high-IQ world-class lifters interested in coaching for a living is very very very small. Out of this very very very small demographic, how many would have the desire to spend a large amount of time with novice or intermediate lifting when they can specialize in coaching only elite athletes? Near zero.

As a promotional tool, SS may be able to better market its associations with high-level athletes. For example, you have really strong guys like Matt from that old Tommy Suggs press video....but you probably wouldn't know he had trained at WFAC unless you watched the video and did some searching to figure out the background of the guy pressing 365lbs with ease. One of the problems here is that type of athlete will often go through periods of self-coaching and experimentation with different methods of training that will associate the athlete with several coaches and training protocols (same as they do with sport-specific technique-training). Many coaches and organizations can discredit themselves if they appear to be too focused on outwardly promoting their (sometimes minor) associations with these athletes. It is not necessarily an easy marketing problem to solve.

starting strength coach development program
    *Matt's top lift from the video appears to have been an easy 315lbs

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567