starting strength gym

Thread: Lower Back Pain

Default Lower Back Pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Dear Mr. Rippetoe,

I started feeling some pain in my lower back on the last rep of my 230 squat, 3 sets of 5. I did a "butt wink" at the bottom of the rep like I'm not supposed to. The pain is located on my right side just above the tailbone. It feels muscular, but I am not sure. It hurts most when I tilt my head down or round my back in any sort of way.

I followed the Starr rehab protocol for squatting and this helped significantly. However, I still feel a slight pain (it's almost not pain, just a sort of muscular radiating soreness feeling) in the same location. After doing the rehab protocal, I have begun to feel a pinching of the nerve on the back portion of my right pelvic butt bone while walking. This pinching shoots slightly down my right leg.

I'm 19, 5'6", I weigh about 135, and I do Judo. The pain has not impacted my performance in Judo practice and I don't even notice it is there. I'm posting on this forum to ask you what my next move should be. Should I do the Starr rehab protocol for deadlifting? Again for squatting? What should I do? Can you help me here? Thank you very much!

Respectfully,

J.R. Foster

There are so many wrong things in this post that I don't know where to start, except to suggest that you spend a few weeks reading the forums before you post again.