starting strength gym

Thread: Practical programming

Default Practical programming

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Well Rip, I've bought it and read it, it's great, but I've decided it's probably more useful to employ an experienced SS coach on an ad hoc basis if possible. I clearly need to alter my current program, but I don't require video analysis, technique, or diet instruction. Santana has offered to coach me and I'm happy enough with that if we can work something out, but are there others who might be more experienced for my age group of a 59 year old Male ? I don't know if it's something the coaches would be happy to do, rather than something more long term, but I had to at least ask.

As background. On Tuesday I did my first 3x4 squats @ 105 Kg (231lbs) succesfully and yesterday I attempted to pull 4 DLs at 150K but failed the last, got it off the floor, but it just hung there between ankle and knee and no matter what I did it just wouldn't go any further, so after a count of 5 I dropped it. Last week my lower back started to give me grief-it's getting sore and it stays that way and, for the first time in a long while, my hip left hip flexor joined in. It was at that point It occured to me that I might actually be in danger of sustaining an injury which would stop me getting stronger and I can't have that.

Andy Baker is your man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Andy Baker is your man.
    Thanks Rip. I had a look at his website and it seemed a perfect fit-although 'Facebook' :-( is no good for me. Signed up for 12 weeks.

Andy also has a private forum for Barbell club members so you don't need to be on Facebook. The programming is excellent, you get the weekly email, you do the work, you get results.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffc View Post
    Andy also has a private forum for Barbell club members so you don't need to be on Facebook. The programming is excellent, you get the weekly email, you do the work, you get results.
    Good to know Geoff. Looking forward to getting stuck in.