starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a fun little paper!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbraddock View Post
    I do believe my genetics are the exception and not the rule. Maybe 3% of the population “needs” stains in my estimation. They change NCEP (national cholesterol education program) guidelines more than I do my underwear. I’m sure it’s designed to capture a certain percent of the bell curve to maximize sales.
    There are always extreme outliers, but guidelines aren't supposed be set by them. And yet, it is interesting that you weren't in the very narrow demographic that has shown benefit from statin therapy the first time they offered them to you, like you are now. Most people aren't. How very, very odd...

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    There are always extreme outliers, but guidelines aren't supposed be set by them. And yet, it is interesting that you weren't in the very narrow demographic that has shown benefit from statin therapy the first time they offered them to you, like you are now. Most people aren't. How very, very odd...
    Yeah good point. To me it boils down to whether or not a person is laying down plaque or not.

I take it you mean by this that if there is clear evidence of a plaque a person should be taking statins?

And what would be the reason for plaque accumulation? Hint, it has nothing to do with how high your cholesterol (LDL) is.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonFan9 View Post
    And what would be the reason for plaque accumulation? Hint, it has nothing to do with how high your cholesterol (LDL) is.
    Dr. BostonFan9, I’m actually very interested in this topic. I hear the LDL-C explanation seemingly gets recited at every continuing medical education seminar I have to attend. My profession has little to do with this topic, so I have not taken a deep dive into the literature. I’ve heard other than explanations, but I’d appreciate your take on it.

Enlighten me/us then. I don’t care to take a guess.

As I’m sure you know, cholesterol is needed to “patch” the damage or scarring of the vessel. What we are learning is that insulin can be very damaging to the vessel walls and lead to scarring. In addition to insulin, fluoride is very damaging to the vessel, just a side note. So, what we are seeing is that even in cases where LDL is extremely high, if triglycerides are extremely low, which is indicative of very low insulin secretion, heart disease is nil.

As I’m sure you know, cholesterol is needed to “patch” the damage or scarring of the vessel. What we are learning is that insulin can be very damaging to the vessel walls and lead to scarring. In addition to insulin, fluoride is very damaging to the vessel, just a side note. So, what we are seeing is that even in cases where LDL is extremely high, if triglycerides are extremely low, which is indicative of very low insulin secretion, heart disease is nil.
    I would also be very interested in some kind of consensus of those who are more informed than me as to what the real cause of heart disease may be. We continually hear of the things that don't really cause it, but I'd love to just have a guideline of what not to eat/consume/do that will make me safe. I don't believe the cholesterol hype either, so just don't eat sugar?

It's probably not that simple, brace. Physiological systems seldom are.

starting strength coach development program
    True, but it’s as good a place to start as any. Since heart disease is being called diabetes type 3 in certain medical circles.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast