starting strength gym

Thread: SSR #43: The Beef Industry Episode

Default Beef Podcast

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Interesting podcast about the US Beef industry, particularly in terms of antibiotics/hormones. As part of the remainer (anti-Brexit) arguments we frequently hear that if we leave the EU we will start getting food from the US that will be of a lower standard and full of chemicals. "Chlorinated Chicken" is one particular example that gets raised a lot.

But as usual, the answer is choice. Just label the stuff and let people vote with their wallet.

Default SSR #34: The Beef Industry Episode

I would like to add that you don't want to be around stresed cow. I know, I milk them for a living. Also, anyone who don't understand the diffrence between boy and girl should see adoult cow and bull. Cows are delicate and smooth. 24 month old bull have a 130 cm thick neck and his forehead is a weapon. I saw one bull throwing other 800 kg bull in the air with a single move of his head. You don't belive it until you see it. Amazing animals.

Vegans are grass feed beef. We will eat them and continue to make gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Enjoyed this one! My wife and I just started watching YELLOWSTONE . It is about a ranch up in Montana in case you haven't heard of it. My wife started asking questions about the business, and this episode posted. Excellent timing!!!

I prefer corn finished over grass finished also. Up until a few years ago I didn't know what "corn fed" actually meant. I thought it meant the calf was raised in a lot, and only fed in a bucket. LOL.

I appreciate what your guests had to say about how the farmer, ranch, and agribusiness sees the rest of the population as being "to far away from the land". I completely agree. It would definitely be good for ALL youth to have worked on a farm or ranch as a summer job. A lot of them might actually find they enjoy this kind of work and go into it, instead of only being shown 1 path (academic) to make a living. As a matter no fact, I think most young people would be better served if they were presented with a vocational path, rather than a college path. The majority of them will flunk out of college anyway, when they would actually thrive in a trade or agriculture. This would make them "More useful in general".

I really enjoy these off strength topics. Keep em coming!!!