starting strength gym

Thread: Noah Milstein SSC: Wittgenstein's Programming Lecture

Default Noah Milstein SSC: Wittgenstein's Programming Lecture

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Someone tell Noah that nobody likes Wittgenstein. Completely is for stupid people, after all.

I almost hate to do this essay harm by praising it (my opinions are not always held in the highest regard in these parts ) -- but that was fun and, while not the easiest read, holds up well to continued scrutiny. That diagram -- at first I thought I must have seen it before -- it so succinctly describes the various aspects of the SRA model -- but now I'm thinking it is original to the author? Nice.

Rips 2-factor model explanation for startingstrength radio #36 is well timed. Somewhere in there there is an explanation of what "hard" has to be in order to elicit an adaptation that addresses the reservation I had about your conclusion here -- "hard" isn't enough of a descriptor because constraining the time can make something "hard" without making it an adequate stress to elicit an adaptive response. Maybe you feel you have already baked this aspect of "hard" into your description through the graphic -- but many, many gym goers find what they are doing "hard" without it leading to the results they want -- an explanation of that (and maybe something about RPE) would make a nice addition to this article, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by tallison View Post
    Rips 2-factor model explanation for startingstrength radio #36 is well timed. Somewhere in there there is an explanation of what "hard" has to be in order to elicit an adaptation that addresses the reservation I had about your conclusion here -- "hard" isn't enough of a descriptor because constraining the time can make something "hard" without making it an adequate stress to elicit an adaptive response. Maybe you feel you have already baked this aspect of "hard" into your description through the graphic -- but many, many gym goers find what they are doing "hard" without it leading to the results they want -- an explanation of that (and maybe something about RPE) would make a nice addition to this article, I think.
    I think it well documented what Rip’s definition of “hard” is. Unless you are new to this board, his videos, or just want to ask a question you already know the answer to, then, “hard” is defined as harder than last workout, 5 lbs heavier! Or 2 lbs, or some amount heavier than last workout if you are further along in your LP.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by tallison View Post
    That diagram -- at first I thought I must have seen it before -- it so succinctly describes the various aspects of the SRA model -- but now I'm thinking it is original to the author? Nice.
    Nope, one of mine from Practical Programming.