starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't keep back tight on Deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sorry for the late response. I guess I was moving my chin down because I wasn't paying attention to where my gaze should have been focused during each rep. Doing this could possibly have been an unconscious part of my attempt to not raise my chest during the rep.
    I fixed my gaze here:
    YouTube
    I am now using a frog stance with my toes pointed out more and my heels 2.5 ish inches apart. However, when I watched the video I noticed that I am still raising the chest. Is the best way to fix this to just extend the legs until the bar gets to the knees?

Whats up with that lip? Better tuck that in. You’re gonna get it caught on a trip wire.

Deadlift looks fine. More weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Morrison View Post
    I am now using a frog stance
    Do you have congenital hip dysplasia? If the answer is no, you don't need to use a frog stance.

starting strength coach development program
    I tried it because I could never tighten my back correctly. I read somewhere that for long legs and a short torso it might help to use a frog stance. I think that using it is helping me tighten my back right at the beginning better. I will be starting a new thread for this so I can repost my late response to his question. I don't think he saw. I will title the thread about the same as this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12