starting strength gym

Thread: Genetic elite coaches and free market

Default Genetic elite coaches and free market

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sup uncle Rip,

You say that the top paid guys who train the genetic elite can be incompetent, because they have access to freaks who would get big anyway. I also know you are a libertarian. Doesn't this contradicts the hole Market Invisible Hand concept and the idea that the most competent business/service will be more successful by meritocracy?

Nope, it don't. Listen real close: the product sold by the top paid guys is sports entertainment. Not strength. Think on this, if possible.

The free market TENDS to produce superior products and services. There will be deviations along the way.

Additionally, paradigms are difficult to change, and many people are happy to reinforce doing something because "that's the way we've always done it." If there's no pressure to change, no change will occur.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Andrew, his premise is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Nope, it don't. Listen real close: the product sold by the top paid guys is sports entertainment. Not strength. Think on this, if possible.
    ^^^

As the owner of a luxury bathroom company said to me "we aren't in the bathroom business, we are in luxury entertainment"

Based on your initial response to him, are you implying that increased sports performance (via increased strength) does not increase sports entertainment/revenue?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

starting strength coach development program
    Of course it would, But it obviously hasn't, since it's not being done, and it is therefore not necessary.