starting strength gym

Thread: The Nutrition Industry

Default The Nutrition Industry

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Dear Rip,

I found your podcast on the beef industry very interesting. I’ve heard your line of contention before from other outlets, but as ever, I really love the way you crystallise debate, shoot from the hip and present robust honest information / opinion; high integrity offerings are rare to come across these days. I’ve watched the podcast five times to absorb it comprehensively. On trend with the recent podcast on nutrition, I have 2 straightforward questions please:

In your expert opinion in over 40 years Strength Training and as an observer of general fitness issues, Phenomenologically speaking (screw the science papers):

1) Does organic food (meat and veg) have a significantly positive impact on strength and general health versus non-organic food?

2) If organic food has a net positive affect on strength and general health versus non organic food, even if it is of very small significance, is it worth the extra money?

I know you’re very busy Rip, so one word answers are absolutely fine with me. I know this topic is a minefield and creates polarised opinion, some quarters saying the jury is still out because there isn’t sufficient long-term data re. effects, hence that cohort aren’t willing to take the risk with non-organic food re. hormones, pesticides, GMO etc. I understand the merits of this position but I’m also mindful of your words which dovetails with my own thinking insofar as “ all this natural shit has to stop somewhere eg. What about the poor bugs we tread on, what about the bucket to carry stones which is a “modern” invention, what are we meant to do - not use the bucket, lift barefoot naked et cetera?”

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best,

Robin

1. It does not. Not at all. The macronutrient and micronutrient content of the diet are the salient factors, not the emotions surrounding their production or the expense entailed in the emotionally-correct process.

Access Denied Article exposes lack of oversight over the use of the label "organic."