starting strength gym

Thread: SS Radio #40: Ultralearning and Apprenticeship with Scott Young

Default SS Radio #40: Ultralearning and Apprenticeship with Scott Young

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Just read that book, because it was recommended by Cal Newport. Familiar with Cal Newport ("Deep Work" and "Digital Minimalism".)?
    Looking forward to listening to this over the weekend. Good topic Coach.

Of course, all of those principles of learning that Mr. Young discusses, here, are the result of years of research and theorizing in Cognitive Psychology, so there's that.

There is also no question but that "the trades" should receive much more respect as a professional path in the U.S. Part of the problem is that what tends to block folks from the path to university is a gap in wealth or connections, so *that injustice* gets all of the attention -- completely obscuring the validity for many of *not* attending university. In Germany, we do not have this problem -- in part because which path you take is up to you and not dependent on the luck of your birth (we do have other issues - just not that one). I personally found university valuable for a host of reasons having little to do with clearly and directly eventual job related ones (learning more about history, learning more about science and real scientific research, learning more about myself and my peers and what worked and what didn't in a social-nursery sort of setting... a lot of this *does* transfer to the work world, but not in an easily quantifiable way -- and it certainly impacts the quality of my life in an ongoing fashion).

Good synopsis of what makes for good knowledge transfer, though -- and nice to see the ongoing analysis of the coaching interaction.