starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: gaining weight and high blood pressure

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by O157H7 View Post
    Could you be specific about the flaws/biases you feel call the CVD mortality claims of the 1st study (JAMA) into question?
    Why do you think they presented their data as hazard ratios, then extrapolated out to a hypothetical population of 10,000 at 75 years of age rather than just comparing the percentage of deaths for each of the two groups?

Quote Originally Posted by O157H7 View Post
    Could you be specific about the flaws/biases you feel call the CVD mortality claims of the 1st study (JAMA) into question?
    Interesting user name...Isn’t it the virulent strain of E Coli? Been a minute (or 22years) since I studied it in college haha)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnys View Post
    I learned the hard way to ask for the big boy cuff when your arms get to about 15” - I got to pay for a stress test and take time off work because staff at a top academic medical center wasn’t clear on this.
    Wait, this is what I mean - 15"? That's nothing. My arms are over 16-17" but I am tall and I consider that pretty puny. I have gotten my BP tested several dozen different times, seen a few cardiologists including one guy who was the 'Head Of Cardiology' at a University. I am going to march to my doctor and demand a larger cuff size ASAP and see what happens.

I have got to say I have heard Rip trot his line about arm size/cuff size measurements for years and always assumed he was talking about 20 incher corn fed Texans that he hangs out with.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    The message I got was “doctors are whores” (ie they have a pimp), who don’t think for themselves (they just believe whatever some dude told them in medical school, and don’t question it for the next 20 years). And you are a sloppy thinker/writer (to demonstrate some inside knowledge of medical training you used Med school slang incorrectly).

Messages received. I thought I had misinterpreted, but I guess not. Thanks for clarifying.
    Thanks for proving my point.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234