starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Y View Post
    I think it’s more that Chinese doctors tell you to drink a pungent mix of herbs when you have a flu for the same reason that American doctors tell you to apply sunscreen every day, even if it’s overcast and you’re spending the day indoors.
    A superfluous, sadistic, obsessive desire to see others apply or ingest foul-smelling creams and concoctions?

I think its more that Chinese doctors tell you to drink a pungent mix of herbs when you have a flu for the same reason that American doctors tell you to apply sunscreen every day, even if its overcast and youre spending the day indoors.
    Or tell you to take the flu shot

... for the same reason that American doctors tell you to apply sunscreen every day, even if its overcast and youre spending the day indoors.
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone every say that^ ....a doctor from the Americas, or any patient, or any person.

Maybe SOME parts of that quote above separately have been suggested, but not all three things applied at one time.

The point Im trying to make is that theres nothing characteristically Chinese about entrenched medical mythology that has become commonly accepted in a community. I used the sunscreen example because I saw an article about sunscreen on here last year. If you want to hear doctors saying to wear sunscreen indoors, you can start by taking a look there and dig deeper.

Of Interest: Is Sunscreen the New Margarine?

Since this is a strength training website, I might have mentioned something like squats being bad for your knees or that heavy lifting will stunt growth in children. In Korea they believe that if you fall asleep with a fan on it can kill you. Dan Ariely started his career because doctors in his hospital in Israel told him it was less painful to peel bandages off quickly than slowly when his entire body was covered in burn wounds. Ive read things here about statins, blood pressure, TRT, and physical therapy that have been fairly surprising based on the advice Ive received elsewhere. And when a friend got a cancer diagnosis, she was convinced early on that she needed to eat more berries (unfortunately, that didnt work).

I have some guesses about why this happens, but I wont speculate, since there are actual doctors on this forum who know something about it. The bottom line is that theres nothing special about Chinese medical ignorance, except maybe the historical roots with the barefoot doctors. The particulars may be unique, but its a common phenomenon.

You are right. Many of the processes and incentive systems are similar, but the effort to promote Chinese Traditional Medicine is among the biggest, most highly coordinated initiatives we have seen.

In the minds of 老外, there are two aspects that are especially troubling:

1. The disregard for the environment that is necessary to procure many CTM products.
    2. The perception that CTM is being used to stoke nationalism, even when it requires a wilful disregard for the truth and a callous disregard for the health of patients.

...In Korea they believe that if you fall asleep with a fan on it can kill you....
    In my opinion, consumer appliances should not be given the moral authority or mechanical abilities to independently make this decision and carry it out.

Something is very wrong about this Coronavirus.

The doctor, hospital director, combating this disease in China has just died from it.

The quarantine on the ship Diamond Princess did not work. USA today 2/18/2020

The Red Chinese are lying about the death toll. They have already lost at least 2 doctors from the disease.

Nos shit, Buddy? The Chinese are lying? That's not nice of them.

What blows me away is how North Korea has ZERO cases of coronavirus! THOSE communists have it all figured out right!?

It's just not allowed there.

starting strength coach development program
    There are videos of the Chinese government trapping people into their homes by welding their doors shut. There is no doubt the Coronavirus isn't being truthfully reported. Need to pray for them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast