starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One more strong person

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    ... whenever she starts talking, I turn off my phone and sit down and listen because I never know what she is going to share with me.
    Quoted for epic truth.
    Everyone has their own challenges. Being there is huge.

Congrats to her. No one can get under the bar for you.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    I appreciate all the encouraging words. A year ago we were interviewing inpatient facilities ( recommended by her team of doctors). This year we are waiting for responses from college applications.
    Her doctors were rather forceful about the need to put her into an facility. And we were right there with them mentally. But i started reading everything I could find, including reviews from former patients and autobiographies from women who had survived and I couldn't get past the feeling that this just wasn't the right move.
    She was afraid and it seemed like a punitive environment. I don't know how, but something clicked. It wasn't something that I did. It was something in her. Somehow she found a way to stumble and crawl back. We did everything that we could to help, but you can not make someone want to live. They have to want that.
    I have raised five children. They have all been a challenge in their own right. I am glad that she came as the last one because I wouldn't have had the tools without the others before her.
    I still watch her food intake from a distance and whenever she starts talking, I turn off my phone and sit down and listen because I never know what she is going to share with me. Spontaneous conversations that she starts have revealed some amazing and frightening things about her disease. Many of those conversations start with her telling me about her workout that day. We train in our basement and she is usually done by the time my wife or I come home from work. The rack has safety arms. I would rather she waited for me to get home but teenagers don’t usually do what you want, so I am happy that she is eating and training.
    I’ve rambled. I am lucky. There are many families who’s children never find their way back. I am grateful that strength training appealed to her.
    PizzaDad,
    This is a wonderful story. Best wishes to both of you. Can you shoot me an email at: nessstrengthcoach@gmail.com - like to chat with you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12