Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
Too much intensity to recover from or not enough intensity to produce an adaptation? Or possibly frequency is too high? Or something else.

Tendonitis problems are difficult.
Definitely not too little intensity, and it is possible that 48-72 hours recovery wasn't enough given the intensity (I'm 42).

Yes, tendonitis sucks, but I've had excellent success treating myself. Key is to keep experimenting and not giving up, and figuring out how conservative to be (the more conservative you are, the longer the rehab takes).

and for the record, I misspoke earlier:

In turn, a this torque of the femur around the knee produces a torque of the shank around the ankle (helping the knees stay back and not sliding forward). This can be understood through conservation of angular momentum around the ankle joint
This is not necessarily true, as I had forgotten to take into account the rotation of the back segment. But I stand by the rest of the analysis: whatever combination of quads, hamstrings, gastrocs, soleus, etc. are responsible for keeping the knees back, if the knees do end up sliding forward, the tension on the quads increases. And if the hamstrings are indeed aiding the quads in knee extension, then if the hamstrings slacken, the tension of the quads increase (regardless of whether the knees slide forward or not).