starting strength gym

Thread: Question about the TUBOW video

Default Question about the TUBOW video

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just saw this video and I found it relevant for me, since my squat sucks (working with Pete to get corrected). I hope my question makes sense. I could have sworn that I heard you saying somewhere that using external cues for the squat isn't recommended...

The specific scenario I am recalling is that someone wanted to put a kettlebell/dumbell on the ground right where their ass should be at the bottom of the squat. You shut down that idea fairly quickly. How is that different than the TUBOW?

Thanks.

The TUBOW is used for about 3 reps of a set of 5. If you want to move the kettlebell after 3 reps, and just use it to teach a position instead of doing all the reps of all the sets that way, go ahead.

If I am working out on my own, with no one to remove the kettle bell @ Rep 3, would it make sense to only use the kettle bell for the first set or two only in the warm-up? Bar only and very light weight? It would be the full five reps though.

The idea is that the TUBOW is a cueing tool you learn from, not a permanent addition to the workout.