starting strength gym
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Industrial Complex and Vaccines

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbraddock View Post
    Take a look at the incidence of autism now vs 30 years ago. The data speaks for itself.
    Look at the data on number of films Nicolas Cage has been in and the number of people who drowned in pools. The data speaks for itself. I'm not going to let my kids watch Nicolas Cage movies, because that would contribute to annual pool drownings, and I don't want to be a part of it. If you cared about your children, you'd look at the data too.

May as well buy em condoms and host the parties at your crib. Same logic as having parties at your house, taking up keys, and letting the kids drink away. After all, they’re gonna do it anyway right?!
    Again, HPV contraction doesn't require sex. I also don't advocate for either of those parenting approaches you've mentioned for some seemingly-unrelated reason.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Everybody's question but mine?
    Yeah, he really ignored you on that one.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    Or, you know, get them vaccinated when they're 13 so that when they're 20, living on their own, and making their own decisions about their naughty bits, they're protected from a very common infection and a very preventable cancer.

And, yes. They're going to do it anyway. At some point, my kids are going to have sex. It's a thing that humans do.
    That’s my point. How do you know they will even have immunity at 20? Did you read my first post about my wife?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Look at the data on number of films Nicolas Cage has been in and the number of people who drowned in pools. The data speaks for itself. I'm not going to let my kids watch Nicolas Cage movies, because that would contribute to annual pool drownings, and I don't want to be a part of it. If you cared about your children, you'd look at the data too.

Again, HPV contraction doesn't require sex. I also don't advocate for either of those parenting approaches you've mentioned for some seemingly-unrelated reason.
    Bro read my post. Don’t give me that asshat comment about caring for my kids either. I CLEARLY said we are NOT anti vaccine. I’m just not going to pump them full of EVERY vaccine the CDC recommends on the schedule they say to do so. Is that hard to comprehend? I gave 3 examples of ones that I will pass on. Get it? For example, Polio, MMR, etc are ones that totally make sense to obtain. I WILL not have the state mandate to me which ones I must give my kids. Period. They are my kids, not theirs. That’s the prevailing point.

I knew this would spark debate, I just figured most would actually read the post in its entirety before popping off their opinions.

For the record, we studied this issue and decided to use a schedule more in line with a physician named Dr Donald Miller.

I guess one of the problems is that the pharmaceutical industry has behaved so badly in some areas where drugs are of marginal benefit or are being overused that people are sceptical of the whole industry. However my erstwhile compatriot Dr Andrew Wakefield LIED in his research into the MMR and autism and should really be in jail.

Vaccines develop the immune system. They don't replace it.

Autism attributes become less severe over time, but are you seriously telling me you've never met someone with autism over the age of 40?
    Thank you, Andrew. That was a needed comment.

Vaccines are another way we have been able to manipulate the Stress Recovery Adaptation system for our benefit.

It is true that not all of them are effective, but a 40% - 60% rate of effectiveness after 5 - 10 years is not bad.

Mass vaccination of the population or medical professionals for influenza does not make sense, but certain populations will benefit from it.

HPV is controversial, because there are so many variables to consider and a lack of long-term data. The vast majority of people who contract HPV will never know about it and never have any problems, but maybe we should try to eliminate it from the population anyway? Maybe not?

it is quite possible that a certain prevalence of Autism in the population may be beneficial for the community.

:
    Overall, recent studies cited by the CDC show the flu vaccine reduces risk of illness by 40% to 60% during seasons when the viruses are well-matched to the vaccine
    This has a lot less to do with individuals and a lot more to do with herd immunity. For starters, during flu season if your staff is immunized you can expect only half of them to catch the flu over the course of the season. This is far better than 100% of them - which is the possible alternative.

Furthermore, hospital workers frequently come in contact with those who have compromised immune systems. Cancer patients, elderly, newborns, etc.... are all incapable of receiving the vaccine. Since the flu is often contagious before symptoms are present, not mitigating at least some of the risk to these people falls in the bucket of gross negligence.

The whole vaccine “issue” came about because of a completely discredited scientist, Andrew Wakefield, who massaged and manipulated datasets (amongst a whole host of other shady ass shit) to conform the evidence to his hypothesis. He’s a piece of shit whose probably caused deaths to thousands.

Oh... And it always amuses me when the same people who gripe about government ineptitude are also the same people who accuse it of incredible conspiracy theories that would require immense collaboration....

Everybody's question but mine? The other variables? Please.
    Rip I think there’s merit in The increased awareness of the disease contributing to the rise in incidence.

Otherwise, I’ll throw out that it may be related to the standard American diet and processed foods we eat today versus decades ago. Maybe lower rates of breastfeeding versus in the past contributes as well. The parents of autistic children that I know ALL have benefited from their kids eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, good complex carbs, meats, and low sugar (processed sugar). There seems to be a GI element to it but I don’t know to what extent or if it’s causal or not. Someone may chime in on that hypothesis.

I also wonder if food selection is contributing to all these autoimmune issues we see today. Every pharma commercial I see nowadays seems to be focused on skin disorders or autoimmune issues like psoriatic arthritis, eczema, etc

Vaccines develop the immune system. They don't replace it.
    Yes, that was less-than-artful of me. To restate: Vaccines in this quantity hand the immune system a lot of stimulus that it would normally accumulate over a longer time. That much stimulus may be associated with problems in some people.

Bro read my post. Don’t give me that asshat comment about caring for my kids either. I CLEARLY said we are NOT anti vaccine. I’m just not going to pump them full of EVERY vaccine the CDC recommends on the schedule they say to do so. Is that hard to comprehend? I gave 3 examples of ones that I will pass on. Get it? For example, Polio, MMR, etc are ones that totally make sense to obtain. I WILL not have the state mandate to me which ones I must give my kids. Period. They are my kids, not theirs. That’s the prevailing point.
    I could have phrased that better.

What I meant to say was "if you cared about your kids, you wouldn't support Nicolas Cage movies."

starting strength coach development program
    Yes, that was less-than-artful of me. To restate: Vaccines in this quantity hand the immune system a lot of stimulus that it would normally accumulate over a longer time. That much stimulus may be associated with problems in some people.
    What are the short-term capacity limits of the human immune system? What happens when those capacity limits are exceeded? Good questions.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast