starting strength gym
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Industrial Complex and Vaccines

Default Medical Industrial Complex and Vaccines

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The flu shot, Hep B, HPV...no thx.

Talk about RED MEAT issue that gets little coverage in the main stream media! How about vaccines that are sometimes MANDATED, yes mandated for work in certain environments yet show little upside. For example, check out this quote regarding this year’s efficacy of the flu shot:

Overall, recent studies cited by the CDC show the flu vaccine reduces risk of illness by 40% to 60% during seasons when the viruses are well-matched to the vaccine.

Yet this doesn’t stop hospitals from REQUIRING workers and vendors to take the flu shot. Follow the money here as hospitals do this to qualify for increased funding from the federal government.

How about sticking EVERY newborn with a Hep B shot?! We have five kids and denied these shots EVERY time! That invited significant ridicule from our GENIUS nurses and Doctors. Problem is, we knew the deal. Government gets in bed with vaccine makers and BOTH WIN!

My own wife gained skepticism when, at 19 years of age, took the whole Hep vaccine series as a requirement to enter nursing school. Less than a year into nursing program she realized it wasn’t for her and exited the program. 5 years later, she goes to give platelets (or plasma can’t remember) at the Red Cross and they required donors to have the Hep b series OR perform a titer to demonstrate acceptable immunity. Well guess what?! No discernible levels of the vaccine were present! 5 years later! So why the hell would we scare new parents into giving newborns Hep B shots? ESPECIALLY when the mother is negative! Follow...the...money.

Last but not least, how about the HPV vaccine that lefties say our teenage daughters need because, after all they are GONNA be sexually active right?!

NOW...am I some tree bark eating fruit loop? Nah I’d like to think I just read the available data and make MY OWN DECISIONS! I am THANKFUL vaccines exist a definitely utilize them. Just not gonna shoot my kids full of them at birth and give them some 30 shots before age 2. Talk about overwhelming their passive immune system! I’ll save the autism discussion for another day and time. Like, where are all the 40-50 yr old autistic people? The ones from back when CDC recommended FAR less vaccines.

http://www.marinhealthcare.org/uploa...esentation.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Gbraddock View Post
    I’ll save the autism discussion for another day and time. Like, where are all the 40-50 yr old autistic people? The ones from back when CDC recommended FAR less vaccines.
    It does appear that these people are trying to replace our immune systems with vaccines -- that's a helluva lot of injections. But is there anything else that might have changed over the same period of time, or are vaccines the only variable?

The flu shot, Hep B, HPV...no thx.

Talk about RED MEAT issue that gets little coverage in the main stream media! How about vaccines that are sometimes MANDATED, yes mandated for work in certain environments yet show little upside. For example, check out this quote regarding this year’s efficacy of the flu shot:

Overall, recent studies cited by the CDC show the flu vaccine reduces risk of illness by 40% to 60% during seasons when the viruses are well-matched to the vaccine.

Yet this doesn’t stop hospitals from REQUIRING workers and vendors to take the flu shot. Follow the money here as hospitals do this to qualify for increased funding from the federal government.

How about sticking EVERY newborn with a Hep B shot?! We have five kids and denied these shots EVERY time! That invited significant ridicule from our GENIUS nurses and Doctors. Problem is, we knew the deal. Government gets in bed with vaccine makers and BOTH WIN!

My own wife gained skepticism when, at 19 years of age, took the whole Hep vaccine series as a requirement to enter nursing school. Less than a year into nursing program she realized it wasn’t for her and exited the program. 5 years later, she goes to give platelets (or plasma can’t remember) at the Red Cross and they required donors to have the Hep b series OR perform a titer to demonstrate acceptable immunity. Well guess what?! No discernible levels of the vaccine were present! 5 years later! So why the hell would we scare new parents into giving newborns Hep B shots? ESPECIALLY when the mother is negative! Follow...the...money.

Last but not least, how about the HPV vaccine that lefties say our teenage daughters need because, after all they are GONNA be sexually active right?!

NOW...am I some tree bark eating fruit loop? Nah I’d like to think I just read the available data and make MY OWN DECISIONS! I am THANKFUL vaccines exist a definitely utilize them. Just not gonna shoot my kids full of them at birth and give them some 30 shots before age 2. Talk about overwhelming their passive immune system! I’ll save the autism discussion for another day and time. Like, where are all the 40-50 yr old autistic people? The ones from back when CDC recommended FAR less vaccines.

"From July 2010 through June 2014, 358 laboratory-confirmed influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported among children aged 6 months through 17 years. Vaccination status was determined for 291 deaths; 75 (26%) received vaccine before illness onset. Average vaccination coverage in survey cohorts was 48%. Overall VE against death was 65% (95% CI, 54% to 74%). Among 153 deaths in children with underlying high-risk medical conditions, 47 (31%) were vaccinated. VE among children with high-risk conditions was 51% (95% CI, 31% to 67%), compared with 65% (95% CI, 47% to 78%) among children without high-risk conditions."

Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness Against Pediatric Deaths: 2010–2014 | American Academy of Pediatrics

"As of April 19, 2019, a total of 186 pediatric deaths had been reported to CDC during the 2017-2018 season. This number exceeds the previously highest number of flu-associated deaths in children reported during a regular flu season (171 during the 2012-2013 season). Approximately 80% of these deaths occurred in children who had not received a flu vaccination this season."

Summary of the 2017-2018 Influenza Season | CDC

I’ll save the autism discussion for another day and time. Like, where are all the 40-50 yr old autistic people? The ones from back when CDC recommended FAR less vaccines.

If I were you, I'd save "the autism discussion" for never. There's no link. Has never been a link. And will never be a link.

If you're actually interested in learning more about the issue (i.e. willing to learn), pick up and read Autism's False Prophets by Offit.

Vaccines develop the immune system. They don't replace it.

You're delusional if you believe your teenagers aren't gonna have sex. That aside, you can get HPV without having sex.

Autism attributes become less severe over time, but are you seriously telling me you've never met someone with autism over the age of 40?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

The idea is to confer immunity *prior* to them becoming sexually active, which damn near everybody does sooner or later, regardless of their politics. I'd rather my kids not get preventable cancers, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post

You're delusional if you believe your teenagers aren't gonna have sex. That aside, you can get HPV without having sex.

Autism attributes become less severe over time, but are you seriously telling me you've never met someone with autism over the age of 40?
    Take a look at the incidence of autism now vs 30 years ago. The data speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea Frazier View Post
    If I were you, I'd save "the autism discussion" for never. There's no link. Has never been a link. And will never be a link.

If you're actually interested in learning more about the issue (i.e. willing to learn), pick up and read Autism's False Prophets by Offit.
    I’ll pass. Explain YOUR theory on the spike in autism then.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post

Nope, saying the incidence has risen sharply over the last 30 years. Look it up. Also, do you have kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    The idea is to confer immunity *prior* to them becoming sexually active, which damn near everybody does sooner or later, regardless of their politics. I'd rather my kids not get preventable cancers, thanks.
    May as well buy em condoms and host the parties at your crib. Same logic as having parties at your house, taking up keys, and letting the kids drink away. After all, they’re gonna do it anyway right?!

May as well buy em condoms and host the parties at your crib. Same logic as having parties at your house, taking up keys, and letting the kids drink away. After all, they’re gonna do it anyway right?!
    Or, you know, get them vaccinated when they're 13 so that when they're 20, living on their own, and making their own decisions about their naughty bits, they're protected from a very common infection and a very preventable cancer.

And, yes. They're going to do it anyway. At some point, my kids are going to have sex. It's a thing that humans do.

I can explain the "autism spike", although my evidence is anecdotal so take it for what you will. I am in public education and was a SPED teacher for 2 years in a Moderate/Severe room, most of my kids had autism. Kids are diagnosed much more frequently today than 30-50 years ago. From my observation kids that would have been labeled as "weird" or "odd" 30-50 years ago now fall on to the Autism Spectrum. I think that doctors and such are more aware of certain Autism Spectrum characteristics and additionally some may be a tad liberal in diagnosing children that are on the fringe of the spectrum.

In my opinion the % of kids hasn't changed, you old timers just had different names for it back then.

starting strength coach development program
    Take a look at the incidence of autism now vs 30 years ago. The data speaks for itself.
    Everybody's question but mine? The other variables? Please.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast