starting strength gym
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Industrial Complex and Vaccines

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbraddock View Post
    That’s my point. How do you know they will even have immunity at 20? Did you read my first post about my wife?
    I did read that. Non-responsiveness to the Hep B vaccine is a well-known phenomenon, and it seems that the rate of non-responsiveness may be generally higher than average for other vaccines (5-15% as opposed to 2-10%). Hepatitis B Foundation: Vaccine Non-Responders. Whether or not the absence of antibodies indicates a complete lack of immunity is a more complicated question: Primary vaccine failure to routine vaccines: Why and what to do? And non-response to one vaccine does not necessarily correlate to a similar non-response to other vaccines, and it probably depends partly on the vaccine's adjuvant. Here is an interesting and peripherally related article on rattlesnake venom as a potential treatment for neuropathy-- the interesting part is that the combine the toxin with silica in order to blunt the immune response to the toxin, a strategy that is used to improve vaccine response in a similar fashion (by preventing the body from destroying the vaccine too quickly, it allows time for antibodies to form).

However, in general, age seems to be an aggravating factor in how effectively the body responds to vaccines or boosters (see the NIH link above). Given that, I would certainly want my teen vaccinated for HPV earlier than later. Nor would I use the fact that somepeople don't respond to vaccines to argue that no one should be vaccinated.

The flu shot is a different problem, since it's a crapshoot to try to match it to multiple strains and mutations each season. But even given an overall lower vaccine effectiveness, your odds are still better getting the vaccine than not.

I think vaccines are fine, and I get a flu jab every year (mainly because I'm self-employed and don't want the time off work). Also happy for my wife daughter to get what they need.

Having said that (and this is strictly a thought experiment) supposing Vaccine X did cause autism at a certain low level, but also saved lots of lives. I fully believe if this was the case governments would indulge in "the noble lie" and suppress information on side-effects, as a it would be a net-gain in lives saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    .. Dr Andrew Wakefield LIED in his research into the MMR and autism and should really be in jail.
    But instead he is dating Elle McPherson. *SHAKES FIST AT GOD*

However my erstwhile compatriot Dr Andrew Wakefield LIED in his research into the MMR and autism and should really be in jail.
    This is false. People need to stop repeating this.

As a psychologist, I can add that one of the variables is that the diagnostic criteria has changed and so now a much larger population falls into the diagnostic category.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    What I meant to say was "if you cared about your kids, you wouldn't support Nicolas Cage movies."
    And that's the real takeaway from this thread. My eyes have been opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    What are the short-term capacity limits of the human immune system? What happens when those capacity limits are exceeded? Good questions.
    Answered daily in emergency departments when unvaccinated or immunocompromised people show up with influenza, measles, devastating soft tissue infections or meningitis with Hemoph Inf B, pneumococcal sepsis, and so on. We keep going with this IDIOTIC vaccine paranoia and we might eventually answer it with diptheria, tetanus, and massive pertussis outbreaks, just for starters.

You want to know how to overwhelm an immune system?

Those bugs, right there, are total fucking experts at overwhelming the immune system, and until you've actually seen one of these infections get truly out of hand and rampage through a human host you just can't have a complete grasp of what horror really is. And there are vaccines for every one of them.

God DAMN it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Everybody's question but mine? The other variables? Please.
    Glycosphate in everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    Glycosphate in everything?
    Glyphosate is not in everything, if it was I wouldn't be worried about it, and you must be a PI attorney.

starting strength coach development program
    However my erstwhile compatriot Dr Andrew Wakefield LIED in his research into the MMR and autism and should really be in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    This is false. People need to stop repeating this.
    yes yes ... go on ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast