starting strength gym
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Industrial Complex and Vaccines

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Glyphosate is not in everything, if it was I wouldn't be worried about it, and you must be a PI attorney.
    Not everthing, just most everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    Answered daily in emergency departments when unvaccinated or immunocompromised people show up with influenza, measles, devastating soft tissue infections or meningitis with Hemoph Inf B, pneumococcal sepsis, and so on. We keep going with this IDIOTIC vaccine paranoia and we might eventually answer it with diptheria, tetanus, and massive pertussis outbreaks, just for starters.

You want to know how to overwhelm an immune system?

Those bugs, right there, are total fucking experts at overwhelming the immune system, and until you've actually seen one of these infections get truly out of hand and rampage through a human host you just can't have a complete grasp of what horror really is. And there are vaccines for every one of them.

God DAMN it.
    I completely agree with you. I had essentially the same response to this thread as you (expect, maybe for the flu shot. I don't know where you stand on that one)

However, it is likely there is a limit; A vaccine may be less effective if too many of them are given at once.

That is my concern and question: If they are spaced further apart, they may be more effective, for a longer period of time. On the other hand, I understand that patient compliance would become an issue if they are spaced further apart.

The negative side effects of vaccines are so unlikely or minor that they should not factor into decision-making.

I strongly believe in individual responsibility and freedom of choice, but for many vaccines to work, it must be a concerted effort that gets participation from nearly all of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    This is false. People need to stop repeating this.
    The British Medical Journal, the Lancet, the journal Neurotoxicology, the American Journal of Gastroenterology, the National Academy of Sciences, the Canadian Medical Association Journal, and the General Medical Council of the United Kingdom (among many others) say it's true. The evidence in this clear-cut case of scientific fraud speaks for itself.

But instead, we should believe you? We "need" to stop saying what is so clearly the case? Because of your eloquent mere assertion? Because you don't like it?

This thread does not seem to be about the polio, mmr vaccines etc
    The benefits of those vaccines are extremely hard to deny.

This thread seems to be about the "optional" vaccines where the benefits is not necessarily known or is controversial. Again, I oppose mass inoculation for the seasonal flu. The data I have read shows mass inoculation of medical personnel is not at all effective and consumes a vast amount of resources that could go towards other medical needs.

Talking about vaccine effectiveness and the specifics of immunology may be dangerous in a forum of people without a thorough knowledge of medicine; Does that mean it should not be discussed? For fear that some idiots will misinterpret it and become rabid anit-vaxxers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gbraddock View Post
    Rip I think there’s merit in The increased awareness of the disease contributing to the rise in incidence.

Otherwise, I’ll throw out that it may be related to the standard American diet and processed foods we eat today versus decades ago. Maybe lower rates of breastfeeding versus in the past contributes as well. The parents of autistic children that I know ALL have benefited from their kids eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, good complex carbs, meats, and low sugar (processed sugar). There seems to be a GI element to it but I don’t know to what extent or if it’s causal or not. Someone may chime in on that hypothesis.

I also wonder if food selection is contributing to all these autoimmune issues we see today. Every pharma commercial I see nowadays seems to be focused on skin disorders or autoimmune issues like psoriatic arthritis, eczema, etc
    What about an increased rate of gestational diabetes and an increased age of motherhood?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    I did read that. Non-responsiveness to the Hep B vaccine is a well-known phenomenon, and it seems that the rate of non-responsiveness may be generally higher than average for other vaccines (5-15% as opposed to 2-10%). Hepatitis B Foundation: Vaccine Non-Responders. Whether or not the absence of antibodies indicates a complete lack of immunity is a more complicated question: Primary vaccine failure to routine vaccines: Why and what to do? And non-response to one vaccine does not necessarily correlate to a similar non-response to other vaccines, and it probably depends partly on the vaccine's adjuvant. Here is an interesting and peripherally related article on rattlesnake venom as a potential treatment for neuropathy-- the interesting part is that the combine the toxin with silica in order to blunt the immune response to the toxin, a strategy that is used to improve vaccine response in a similar fashion (by preventing the body from destroying the vaccine too quickly, it allows time for antibodies to form).

However, in general, age seems to be an aggravating factor in how effectively the body responds to vaccines or boosters (see the NIH link above). Given that, I would certainly want my teen vaccinated for HPV earlier than later. Nor would I use the fact that somepeople don't respond to vaccines to argue that no one should be vaccinated.

The flu shot is a different problem, since it's a crapshoot to try to match it to multiple strains and mutations each season. But even given an overall lower vaccine effectiveness, your odds are still better getting the vaccine than not.
    10-4. Keep in mind at NO TIME have I mentioned no one should get the vaccine. They should not be compulsory and parents should not be shamed for studying the available data and deciding against certain vaccines. That’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    Glycosphate in everything?
    You mean Roundup right? Because the money to be leached from the company lies in the BRANDED glyphosate product. Spray away with the generic glyphosate!

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    I have an alternate theory: according to your post you were born in 1974 or 1975. Now, the rise in autism diagnoses began in the 1970s [1]. Could it be that the physical manifestation of your profoundly stupid-as-fuck brain explains the data? Perhaps your brain leaks a miasma of retardation and autism that has been gradually infecting youth worldwide ever since.

I mean, the data supports it, bro.

[1] Rutter, M. (2007). Incidence of autism spectrum disorders: Changes over time and their meaning*. Acta Paediatrica, 94(1), 2–15. doi:10.1111/j.1651-2227.2005.tb01779.x
    It could keyboard warrior. It very well could.

Answered daily in emergency departments when unvaccinated or immunocompromised people show up with influenza, measles, devastating soft tissue infections or meningitis with Hemoph Inf B, pneumococcal sepsis, and so on. We keep going with this IDIOTIC vaccine paranoia and we might eventually answer it with diptheria, tetanus, and massive pertussis outbreaks, just for starters.

Those bugs, right there, are total fucking experts at overwhelming the immune system, and until you've actually seen one of these infections get truly out of hand and rampage through a human host you just can't have a complete grasp of what horror really is. And there are vaccines for every one of them.

God DAMN it.
    And yet you still miss the point of the thread. If you want to START an anti-vaccine thread then do it. Otherwise, this is about people reading information and making their own decisions versus people like you getting hot under the collar and lecturing them about how IDIOTIC they are for not following the outrageous amount of vaccines the CDC is pushing along with big pharma.

Personally totally anti vaccine people PISS me off too! Get it!?

God DAMN it.
    Goddamn, indeed, Dr. Sullivan! I have to say that its having revved you up to an old testament level of laser-guided verbal body slamming is almost enough to redeem this thread.

May the intensity of your righteous anger cleanse the earth of a few misguided potential anti-vaxxers.

OP, I fear, is a lost cause, based on how he has articulated himself to this point -- his "if you even read it" comment being a prime example of what one is apparently dealing with in his case -- but there are always onlookers who one hopes are only toying with the idea of being idiots and have not yet given themselves over entirely to the darkness... may your arrows-of-truth have found their mark - or at least chipped away in the right direction - with them.

Quote Originally Posted by tallison View Post
    Several vaccine-preventable diseases have been making a comeback in the last decade thanks to the Gbraddock's of this world. Massive thanks for that. I notice he is also quite the proponent of home schooling, as well. I gotta say, that ain't surprising and might give one a "company you keep" sort of pause to think on a few things...

But, then, maybe he is just a very clever troll? It's kind of hard to believe anybody is really this much of a caricature of a rootin'-tootin' don't-tread-on-me dumbass... (all those ALL-CAPS in just the right places are a bit suspicious...)
    Why Yes I am a proponent of homeschooling. And dumbasses like you still can’t get your statist head around the fact that I am NOT anti vaccine. But hey, it’s ok. I place the all caps for emphasis so it’ll help 3 %ers like you better comprehend. Apparently it was a fail on my part. Apologies.

Not a troll here. Just thought I would start a thread given some recent topics (started by Rip himself) included homeschooling, statins, PSA tests, etc that were fairly anti-establishment. Didn’t catch you piling on him or Nick for their pro homeschooling stance. So, in short, fuck off and don’t tread on me.

Good day!

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    HPV vaccine is not intended to prevent the STD. The STD it prevents (genital warts) is annoying but not itself the problem. The vaccine is meant to prevent cervical and throat cancer that develop in the setting of chronic HPV.

Declining a cancer prevention method because it supposedly encourages fornication is puritanical. Nobody is avoiding sex because of HPV, and nobody gets the HPV vaccine and thinks “oh good, now I should go have tons of unprotected sex!”
    Cut the BS man. You and I BOTH know how the virus is acquired.

Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    I think vaccines are fine, and I get a flu jab every year (mainly because I'm self-employed and don't want the time off work). Also happy for my wife daughter to get what they need.

Having said that (and this is strictly a thought experiment) supposing Vaccine X did cause autism at a certain low level, but also saved lots of lives. I fully believe if this was the case governments would indulge in "the noble lie" and suppress information on side-effects, as a it would be a net-gain in lives saved.
    A perfect example of statist mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbraddock View Post
    So if NO ONE else agrees with me on this...OK. I think I have yet to see anyone get the prevailing point of the thread anyway.

Cheers,
    If nobody has seen the point of the thread in your mind, then I humbly suggest the issue is with your initial post and not the reader.

Also, just to further add my own outrage to Dr. Sullivan's at the ongoing misinformation and lies being spread about vaccines: A month ago I had to do eye surgery on a baby with congenital rubella syndrome . Seeing the horrific effects and ensuing suffering the family and child are enduring because of this ENTIRELY VACCINE PREVENTABLE illness was and is nauseating. Forgive us if this subject gets us a bit riled up.

Mike

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    This thread does not seem to be about the polio, mmr vaccines etc
    The benefits of those vaccines are extremely hard to deny.

This thread seems to be about the "optional" vaccines where the benefits is not necessarily known or is controversial. Again, I oppose mass inoculation for the seasonal flu. The data I have read shows mass inoculation of medical personnel is not at all effective and consumes a vast amount of resources that could go towards other medical needs.

Talking about vaccine effectiveness and the specifics of immunology may be dangerous in a forum of people without a thorough knowledge of medicine; Does that mean it should not be discussed? For fear that some idiots will misinterpret it and become rabid anit-vaxxers?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by EyeMD View Post
    If nobody has seen the point of the thread in your mind, then I humbly suggest the issue is with your initial post and not the reader.

Also, just to further add my own outrage to Dr. Sullivan's at the ongoing misinformation and lies being spread about vaccines: A month ago I had to do eye surgery on a baby with congenital rubella syndrome . Seeing the horrific effects and ensuing suffering the family and child are enduring because of this ENTIRELY VACCINE PREVENTABLE illness was and is nauseating. Forgive us if this subject gets us a bit riled up.

Mike
    Or they could read it and not paint me as anti vaccine. I’m all for MMR. So you, like others, didn’t read the post either. Can’t help that. Start another thread if you wanna bitch at anti vaccine people. I’m not one of them.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast