starting strength gym

Thread: Effect on immune system

Default Effect on immune system

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Given news events, I';m trying to strengthen my immune system, just to keep things tip top. So I'm getting extra sunshine, taking a little (not a lot) of extra vitamin C and Im thinking about "talking to my doctor"about lowering my trt dose to the lower end of normal, rather than the high end of normal.

My concern is the effect of exogenous TRT and associated compounds on the immune system.

This article gave me pause - can Rip or some other science person interpret it: The effects of anabolic steroids and strength training on the human immune response. - PubMed - NCBI

Does it suggest that exogenous supplementation of TRT might help or harm immune system function? I cant decipher the medical speak.

Thanks.

1. This paper is 31 years old. Have you looked for anything else that might support these conclusions? One paper is not compelling.

2. This is just the abstract, the full text is not readily available, and it is absolutely impossible to draw any conclusion whatsoever from it without knowing exactly how they fucked this up -- they did, because they always do.

3. These guys were "bodybuilders," if the researchers actually knew what that means. They are not healthy anyway. They use lots more drugs that just steroids, they follow fucked-up diets, and they do weird things all day. Steroids are the least of their problems. If they even had any problems at all, but they probably did.

This kind of thing is really a stupid way to make decisions about what you're going to do about anything. Stop reading this pointless shit.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Given news events, I';m trying to strengthen my immune system, just to keep things tip top. So I'm getting extra sunshine, taking a little (not a lot) of extra vitamin C and Im thinking about "talking to my doctor"about lowering my trt dose to the lower end of normal, rather than the high end of normal.

My concern is the effect of exogenous TRT and associated compounds on the immune system.

This article gave me pause - can Rip or some other science person interpret it: The effects of anabolic steroids and strength training on the human immune response. - PubMed - NCBI

Does it suggest that exogenous supplementation of TRT might help or harm immune system function? I cant decipher the medical speak.

Thanks.
    Yeah the article abstract doesn’t get into details like the “self-administered” doses. We talking cycle doses? I’ve Been on TRT for 8 years. Assuming you are dialed in and feeling well, why would you go through adjusting your dose? Especially lowering it. As you know getting dialed in is not that easy. In my experience to get dialed in to a level that balances feeling well, bloodwork, blood pressure, etc. takes time and needs to be worth the investment of time and money pulling labs until things are right.

I wouldn’t (and won’t) consider monkeying with my dose for the coronavirus. Especially based on this referenced abstract. Now, I am 46 and don’t run the higher end of normal because I get spikes in Hematocrit/Hemoglobin when I take over 120mg week. Don’t need too thick blood! At the end of the day I look at it as optimizing the dose and can’t see where we would go wrong staying in mid to upper range.

Hope it helps!