starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitochondria

Default Mitochondria

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The recent near incoherent physio-biblical ramblings of a presumably departed friend got me curious. I've been doing some reading of the crazy neurosurgeon and there seem to be some interesting sub-tones in the material.

Primarily the interaction of human cellular processes in relation to the holy trinity of light, magnetism and water chemistry. Since our bodies don't exist devoid of these three, and in fact are intricately connected to these primary parameters of our physical earthly existence, it stands to reason that their effects could be studied, understood and perhaps manipulated. Something of a human metabolic terroir if you will. I would think as a geology student you may find the magnetism of particular interest. As an electrical guy frequency spectrums have always been interesting to me.

Anyway just wondering if this was something you may be interested in conversing about further. At a higher level perhaps and without the somewhat inherent mysticism that may arise. I'm not a biochemist and won't pretend to be one because I've read a few blog posts.

Fascinating indeed...

Do the people of Rock Springs tolerate this?

Lol

Well let us analyze this in the light of the original post:

First Rock Springs is built on a coal mine and apparently coal affects the local magnetic field. Second the water here is very alkaline it comes out of my tap at a pH of 8.3. Finally at 6500ft above sea level the available radiation from the sun is relatively high.

So indeed you will find that Springers are an interesting lot...

Mitochondria are clearly not truly a part of us, but are symbiotic organisms with their own DNA and heritance patterns. They are probably extraterrestrial in origin, as they closely resemble midi-chlordane.

I have always suspected an extraterrestrial origin for mitochondria, and I'm glad somebody else is awake to this obvious threat.

I meant midi-chlorians, of course. iPhone auto-corrects that to midi-chlordane, apparently. Apple is clearly part of the alien incursion and is using auto-correct to hide the truth.

It’s pretty obvious that we are just big cruise ships that mitochondria have built to drive around in. We’d better feed them whatever they want.

In all (relative) seriousness what got me thinking was the seemingly mad statement concerning cold makes infrared. On the surface it seems quite ludicrous but perhaps something can be made of this upon further analysis.

Consider the following logical thought experiment:

Winters here get cold. This will be a foreign concept for warm sunny Texas, but please bear with me.

During the cold season the deer and the antelope still play exclusively outside. With temps as low as -40 and at least below freezing for several weeks the thermogenic needs of the animal are highly elevated. With food sources limited to dormant plants these needs are met by metabolic processes that convert stored fat directly to heat.

So in the warm season the animal uses metabolic processes that convert carbohydrates to stored fat and in the cold season the animal uses metabolic processes that convert stored fat directly to heat. So how does the animal’s control system know when to utilize these different processes?

Two major things happen during the transition into cold season: the intensity and duration of sunlight decreases, and the ambient temperature decreases. It just so happens the organism is equipped with sunlight sensors (eyes) and ambient temperature sensors (skin). When the skin senses a decrease in external temperature the internal metabolic processes begin favoring those that create direct heat from stored fat.

So perhaps cold can generate infrared, from a certain point of view...

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    I meant midi-chlorians, of course. iPhone auto-corrects that to midi-chlordane, apparently. Apple is clearly part of the alien incursion and is using auto-correct to hide the truth.

It’s pretty obvious that we are just big cruise ships that mitochondria have built to drive around in. We’d better feed them whatever they want.
    This is a very important observation, one of the things that makes this forum the Best On The Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Correct. Sir Hoyle in Evolution from Space posits seedlings of Greater life arrived on meteorites. Like Venom, but nicer.

starting strength coach development program
    I do kinda miss that guy. He’s like the cousin or uncle that everybody loves to shit on.

Laugh at him all you want, but he was a playmaker.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast