starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitochondria

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    What would a mitochondrian revolt look like?
    covid-19 pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    What would a mitochondrian revolt look like?
    When our mitochondria get sick, we get sick and die. When they stop cooperating with us, I imagine it would be the same thing. Luckily for us, they can't live without us and are doomed to support our bodily functions so that we can keep them fed. Until a mitochondrion wakes up, Matrix-style, we should be fine.

THEY fucked up, a long time ago. Symbiosis may be comfortable, but it comes with a price, as the mitochondrion community is learning.

Apparently some of them are getting out of the game: Scientists Find The First-Ever Animal That Doesn't Need Oxygen to Survive

Guys, I was going to keep this a secret, but there is such a rapid progression of profound insight in this thread that I think I should just spill the beans: when we talk about panspermia and resilient (anoxic) organisms, it’s only a matter of time before someone brings up tardigrades, perhaps the most resilient organism known. It turns out that they have possibly unique mitochondrial proteins that help them survive anoxia, temperature and pressure extremes, etc.: (PDF) What links tardigrades, mitochondria and space travels?

I think the conclusion is obvious: to take the next evolutionary step, we should ingest a Tardigrade-only diet. I propose one further step, and am working on a process to isolate Tardigrade mitochondria into a perfect dietary energy source.

Once I get my garage cleaned up, I will start production of Tardi-Chon (TM) patent pending. Watch for the link in my Instagram bio. Soon you will be able to live forever, and, more importantly, achieve incredible gains without the trouble of eating or breathing! Available in “sour candy” and “vague melon” flavors, with more to come!

tardigrades yada yada yada...
    That's all well and good but are they impervious to blue light and 5G wireless?

vague melon
    That will be ok for the summer months, but you do know that eating tropical fruit (flavors) at northern latitudes around the winter solstice is heavily frowned upon, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Guys, I was going to keep this a secret, but there is such a rapid progression of profound insight in this thread that I think I should just spill the beans: when we talk about panspermia and resilient (anoxic) organisms, it’s only a matter of time before someone brings up tardigrades, perhaps the most resilient organism known. It turns out that they have possibly unique mitochondrial proteins that help them survive anoxia, temperature and pressure extremes, etc.: (PDF) What links tardigrades, mitochondria and space travels?

I think the conclusion is obvious: to take the next evolutionary step, we should ingest a Tardigrade-only diet. I propose one further step, and am working on a process to isolate Tardigrade mitochondria into a perfect dietary energy source.

Once I get my garage cleaned up, I will start production of Tardi-Chon (TM) patent pending. Watch for the link in my Instagram bio. Soon you will be able to live forever, and, more importantly, achieve incredible gains without the trouble of eating or breathing! Available in “sour candy” and “vague melon” flavors, with more to come!
    Genius, you should run a Kickstarter campaign! I'd fully back you!
    As an incentive, you could have backers vote on the flavors. I'd pick "Fresh Ginger" and "Crunchy Bacon".

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Genius, you should run a Kickstarter campaign! I'd fully back you!
    As an incentive, you could have backers vote on the flavors. I'd pick "Fresh Ginger" and "Crunchy Bacon".
    Thanks, I will get right to work on this.

I just hope this works better than my dietary supplement of shark mitochondria (because sharks don’t get cancer, except when they do) called “Mighty-Con.” I think the branding was a little too transparent with that one.

I too worry incessantly about my mitochondria. Sometimes they talk to me.

There's also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    iPhone auto-corrects that to midi-chlordane, apparently. Apple is clearly part of the alien incursion and is using auto-correct to hide the truth.
    The people of Apple must also have a sense of humor. I once was about to hit <Send> on a text before I noticed that Auto-Correct had altered a very pleasant female, East Indian friend's first name to "Douche Bag".

It's hard to imagine that there wasn't an element of willfulness involved.

starting strength coach development program
    We can only hope the miracles of synthetic biology will take care of this unnatural reliance on oxygen and foreign organisms.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast