starting strength gym
Page 1000 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 50090095099099899910001001100210101050110015002000 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,000 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    So why would he do it?
    Great question .

Also, why didnt he shoot more than once? Or spray suppression fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    This is horribly inaccurate.

Just off the top of my head without writing anything down.

1) claims it’s a Glock 45
    —— the video quality is nowhere near good enough to deduce this. How could did they come to this conclusion

2) a .45 knocks you down and back
    ——- FALSE

3) he pointed the gun down the hall.
    ——- that is not what the video seems to show. He steps forward and engages her. She appears to be directly opposite him within maybe a yard and a half.

4) she was shot in the neck where is the blood?
    ——- do we know she was shot in the neck? I have read neck and chest. What type of round was it? Was it JHP? Probably. If so, and in the chest it would expand, a lot of bleeding would be internal.
    Apologies for the typos I am using thumbs.

I forgot to mention. If he shot her in the neck from 4 feet he has no business operating a firearm at all. Also there is a barrier between them and by my count, it looked like there were at least 4 officers behind her. So this guy discharged his firearm with police down range. He was in no direct threat because there was a barrier between them. The officers behind her could have easily pulled her down if they felt that she was a mortal hazard to someone. He also could have pulled her through the window and subdued her, since she was unarmed and posed no threat to him.

Quote Originally Posted by manis5 View Post
    A new “more contagious” strain of covid has just been identified in a man from Texas who has not recently traveled. I hope all you guys have enough toilet paper.
    They locked down the city of Brisbane because of 1 case, imagine what they would do in Texas.

Hag, I hear ya re Q. When this is over, we can take a gander at the scoreboard and divvy up the winnings appropriately. Let's finish the game first, ok?

President Donald Trump's twitter account Suspended.

Red 1

Bost asserted, and accurately, that five states ignored their existing legislation and resorted to executive fiat by their governors, secretaries of state, or local election authorities to proceed.
    Why, then, have the state legislatures of those states not filed suit against their respective executive branches for failing to properly carry out their duty to the legislature, in their respective state courts, which would actually be the appropriate course of action in these regards?

So why would he do it?
    Easy. Adrenaline, incompetence, and fear. My experiences of bad crowds was outdoors except for two incidents in high school when all us white kids ran for the exits when the black kids decided to stir up shit.

I was a college student in the 60s-70s when riots were common on campuses and in the towns that surrounded them. I got chased once and gassed once then. Fear and panic sends you out of there as fast as you can do it. Standing to fight was more than stupid, and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and had no dog in the fight anyway. So why get beat to shit and arrested?

Then as a cop I was involved in several more riots involving college students. Retreat is always an option, but unless you get that command, God help you and your career if you run when you have a duty to perform in such a situation. Anyone who says they don't get amped on adrenaline and have at least some fear is lying about it under those circumstances. So the fallback is to maintain cohesion, work together, follow your training, and wait for command to tell you what to do next.

All my engagements as a cop were outdoors on the street and facing smaller numbers than the crowd that swarmed the Capitol. Having to control a crowd with limited mobility and few exits to retreat to along with the crowding and contained noise, I have no doubt magnifies the emotions of the cops involved considerably. But that's no excuse for shooting like that.

It'll be interesting to see how eager the media is to look into the particulars of the justification of this shooting. I suspect this cop will be lionized for his courage under stress. At least by the left and marketing arm in the media.

So why would he do it?
    Because he’s a piece of shit who has probably fantasized about shooting someone his entire career. Either that or just a fucking coward who can’t handle the physical confrontation of a small, unarmed woman climbing through a window.

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    Why, then, have the state legislatures of those states not filed suit against their respective executive branches for failing to properly carry out their duty to the legislature, in their respective state courts, which would actually be the appropriate course of action in these regards?
    I guess you'd have to ask them, but the Constitution is very specific about this.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Trump gave a de facto concession speech just now. It is over.
    This is just the beginning.
    Trump still has choices to make, but he may not be the leader of the movement going forward.
    His biggest flaw may be lack of military experience; It is generally better for a wartime leader to be a military man.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    These have been the most stunning 48 hours of my life as a political observer... I doubt I'll be able to assimilate it in the near future. For now the only thing to be said is that if you're STILL singing the "Believe All Cops" song at this point in time then you're the WORST part of the problem... PERIOD
    You seem to be confused about where you are typing. The "Believe All Cops" faction on this forum is virtually nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    Short interview with the guy next to the woman that was shot:
    This the best video to come out of the protest; it is one that everyone can rally behind. Make sure people see it.

We cannot apologize for what these patriots did to protect our freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    say HIS name...
    His name was Robert Paulson.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    ...Ieft hung out to dry, to be fair, by two prongs of a dishonest and manipulative uniparty media consortium...
    Absolutely agree with your comments about Kirk and Rubin, BUT want to tack on that the many young people who died/were seriously injured/obtained a felony conviction over Summer can blame the NY media and intelligentsia in the same way. I disagree with Mr. Laureys a great deal, but he is certainly correct in observing that none of these string-pullers—neither of the two groups—will EVER risk life and limb for you… but will be constantly exhorting their viewerships to adopt exactly such an asymmetrical, self-destructive civil ethic....
    People watch CNN, read NYT, and are told that there is a vast network of neo-confederate apartheidists who can coordinate to protect one another because they secretly control the judicial system at every level of the United States Government. When this message is festooned with clever, time-tested rhetorical appeals to identity politics/historical greivances etc and turned loose on people who lack life experience, mollifying material comforts, and relevant knowledge, you get riots.

…of course, some people see through that grift, and so they turn to right-wing alt media like Tomi Lahren, Michael Savage, and CFP. The problem is that these folks are motivated by the same desire for wealth and fame as their ‘mainstream’ counterparts, so they’re pushing the same kind of sensationalist horseshit. Their message is amplified by grammatically competent, respectable-sounding fools like Yngvi, so bereft of historical knowledge/perspective that they think that Joe Biden is an authoritarian Maoist...
    Ouch, Hag. At least some of that post sounded pretty sensible.

The biggest difference between us may be your insistence that the wealthy or powerful are inherently bad people; That nobody deserves to be elevated for their talents and efforts.
    I can find common ground with the Bernie Bros and the anarchists; Our crony-capitalist system, strong Central Bankers & unelected Federal Reserve (demanded by the Communist Manifesto) are choosing winners and losers. They do not serve the interests of the people or the nation. People are undeservedly becoming wealthy and powerful through corrupt, parasitic dealings.
    Sometimes fair isn't equal. Sometimes equal isn't fair. Equity is Marxist bullshit. Let me rise or fall by my own hand.

True believers in communism cannot be reasoned with. These are irreconcilable differences.