starting strength gym
Page 1004 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 45049049549941002100310041005100610141054110415042004 ... LastLast
Results 10,031 to 10,040 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Which is one of the reasons why the Taylor shooting hasn't gotten quite traction as some of the others.
    Breona Taylor got plenty of traction, despite being a more dubious and unclear situation. That's one of the things that baffles me, it seems like Black Lives Matter intentionally zeroes in on the instances where it isn't entirely clear whether police shooting was justified or even clear that it was. There ARE instances where black men got shot for no good reason. Guys like Philando Castile and John Crawford. But they don't idolize those guys. They pick the ones that people are more likely to disagree with. It's part of why BLM feels like such a co-opted, manufactured movement to me.

Kitsuma: Absolutly not—I absolutely, positively, 200% do not admit that Trump has secretly had the drop on Pelosi this entire time, inexplicably refused to use it, and will drop the hammer any second now. You need to come to terms with the loss of the hours you have wasted, get off the internet, develop a marketable skill, and move on with your life. Seriously—this defeat does not have to define you. It doesn’t even have to color your life in the slightest. It can be as if it never happened—it will SHOCK YOU how much it never happened. Just log off and tend your own garden.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    They're largely playing political games. They cried they can't call themselves into session. They're lying. The Constitution says state legislatures decide how to choose electors. That overrides everything else. No state law or whatever bullshit they claim can shut down their ability to do that. You don't need permission from your governor to do what is explicitly your function in the Constitution.
    You would NEVER have accepted this explanation from the Hillary camp.

The senators before the GA runoff did the same thing. Oh yes we're totally going to object to those electoral votes. Then next day suddenly they're like "after what just happened I guess those votes I said were illegitimate have fixed themselves and now i have to approve them to satisfy my conscious because that meaniepants Donald Trump tweeted to go home peacefully and caused a riot that was 1000x less violent than the summer's peaceful protests."
    Yes, absolutely. And you saw fit to post this here… why? You were surprised that Loeffler didn’t let you keep the $2,000 dollars AND represent your interests wrt the federal election? You thought that despite no tangible incentive, that she would help you because she believed in your cause? Because she really cared about you, deep down?

Oh, sweetheart… I hope you never accidentally wander into a Houston champagne room. If KELLY LOFFLER can slip your emotional guard like this, those nubile young things will rip you apart like so many starving mastiffs!

They're all lying to you all the time and deserve the gallows. Both parties. And all silicon valley big tech companies.
    Sir, you have summed up almost the entirety of my political stance quite neatly.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    But if you remove power from the State, that power does not disappear; it just gets taken over by someone else, by private organisations that in time end up running vast and important parts of public life. What you get, therefore, it not a Smaller State, but another State, a privatised one, where the voice of the people, of voters, counts for nothing. A world where some companies and individuals are so rich and powerful that they can control and effectively take over public debate and policy-making, and use the State apparatus for their benefit.
    That's excellent! You have verbalized something I have thought about and struggled to find words for. That right there is the key issue, imo. If there is power it absolutely will fall into someone's hands. Short of a king who is endlessly wise and beneficent we're fucked. (Or so it feels.) My answer to this, my philosophy, is that we must work to reduce that power to start with. So when it falls into the wrong hands, as it inevitably will at times, not a lot of damage can be done. I think we've been straying from that path for a long damn time. People started banning together into tribes and villages in order to protect ourselves from nature's cruelty. We needed to not starve when the hunt was unsuccessful. We needed to not be out along on the savannah at night when the predators roamed. It was all laudable when it began. This developed into the sharing of resources that allowed some to stop having to grow food long enough to invent medicines and machines. But at some point between then and now we started handing more and more power over and now, as one poster mentioned, there are no longer any wild areas to run to. No escape. That power now governs all of us and our fates as surely as nature once did. We've got to find our way back to the middle ground. But that's hard. That takes individualism, responsibility, discipline, things that we know from the SS audience are not as common as they once were. I fear we are rolling downhill with an unstoppable momentum. Switching the power from the hands of government to the hands of corporations is not the answer. Corporations get large enough and they act as governments, have the same effects on a large portion of populations. We have got to remove the power all together. I think part of that is to develop parallel systems of support. When we have storms down here in the south, it's not the government that pulls out the chainsaws to clear the highway. It's your neighbor down the road. We need more of that. Mutual aid, community. Less using the long billy club of the law to get things done and more common sense one-on-one action. We make the power irrelevant. If we still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Maybe it's just too early in the game for them to realize they're on the same "team" against the Swamp (government officials who prefer kickbacks and pay-for-play arrangements more than serving the people), but it does feel like the Bernie Bros are too passionate about their racial, immigration, and gender issues to ignore them for economically patriotic policies. And the Deplorables are too high up on the Market Capitalism altar (or just too distrustful of gov't in general?) to unleash Bernie's Bros on the huge corporations, knowing that the broad-brush regulations will gobble up small- and medium-businesses, too?
    People have to think of it like a bus stop. You may not all be going to the same destination but for a while we can go in the same direction on the same bus. The problem lies in the incredible amount of money and power that is involved and the incentive the media and current swamp residents have to keep these two groups separate and at each other's throats. An effort which has been insanely successful thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    I disagree with Mr. Laureys a great deal, but he is certainly correct in observing that none of these string-pullers—neither of the two groups—will EVER risk life and limb for you… but will be constantly exhorting their viewerships to adopt exactly such an asymmetrical, self-destructive civil ethic.
    Very polite response and magnanimous of you to concede this point, Hagh. Thanks.

Now you'd do well to continue the thought experiment: if neither Dem nor Repub leaders will take direly needed action to protect liberty now, what makes you think the leaders will suddenly become more defensive of our personal property and liberties after they are given MORE power to distribute or "equalize" wealth, through UBI, distance-only education, breaking up big business, etc.?

Perhaps I am overly skeptical of the benevolence of politicians and bureaucrats, in distrusting giving even MORE money and power to them, to enact your utopian plans, or perhaps your approach is too gullible or optimistic. But whose reaction (my skepticism or your naivety) is more supported by how these utopian plans for equal outcomes have played out, historically?
    As you review them, pay attention to the fact that our beautiful country is far too diverse in ethnicities and nationalities for things to play out as they have in Bernie and AOC's favorite examples.

Honestly interested in the logical and historical bases for your admirable optimism!

Has this been posted yet?

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status...57507007827968

If this doesn't scream "staged", I don't know what does.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    the fucking PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES just got deprived of his primary means of communication with the public at large by a guy whose claim to legitimacy as steward of major cultural institutions is that he invented a computer application for kids to e-mail emojis to one another (Jack). Access to one of the only platforms large and familiar enough to serve as an alternative for Trump to communicate with the people he APPARENTLY governs over is being dangled above his head, just outside his grasp, as a big brother teasing his sibling over a piece of candy, by a man who “earned” his power by inventing a website that was designed to replace family photo albums (Zuck). The man who made a trillion dollars on the pandemic that got Trump ousted from office (Bezos)? Yngvi… it was a BOOKSTORE. He has the power to impose his values, beliefs, and intellectual commitments on an entire civilization of people because he’s a reasonable smart, ambitious guy who got an extraordinary/tremendous return on his efforts to parlay the success of his online bookstore venture. That’s capitalism, sometimes—power allocated on a basis hardly preferable to random chance.
    The Zucc giveth, the Zucc taketh away. Don't worry, a large part of this whole mess will digital taxes and shit on the internet giants. In fact, the poor bastards will end up getting hit the hardest. Everyone is far too apocalyptic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    My answer to this, my philosophy, is that we must work to reduce that power to start with. So when it falls into the wrong hands, as it inevitably will at times, not a lot of damage can be done.
    I feel like some guys tried this once, even made it the core philosophy they built an entire country around. United something or other?

Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenDonut View Post
    Notice the date it was submitted.

Some folks are talking (Not necessarily here) that they are reacting to the 6th, but that is obvious BS.

They're largely playing political games. They cried they can't call themselves into session. They're lying. The Constitution says state legislatures decide how to choose electors. That overrides everything else. No state law or whatever bullshit they claim can shut down their ability to do that. You don't need permission from your governor to do what is explicitly your function in the Constitution.

They pretended to be stupid so they didn't have to do what their constituents wanted.....

.......They're all lying to you all the time and deserve the gallows. Both parties. And all silicon valley big tech companies....

.......Any action the populace takes is justified ethically. Rule of law is gone. Social contract is gone. Law of jungle is in effect.

.......Citizens don't have standing for the document that literally has the People telling the government what powers it has? What a joke.
    I am really loving that part where everyone seems to falling all over themselves, and not just the Lefties shitbirds who praise their doing of anything while condemning others for the very same acts, clamoring about how "Violence has no part in American politics! We change by changing minds.".

I'm not advocating for anything, but I am pretty historically well read and I cannot find that part where Jefferson and Co decided that they'd just wait until the next election to vote King George out.

Hell, every US president since I've been converting oxygen to CO2 would happily have invaded any foreign country to "liberate" them from such tyranny and fraudulent elections by now. Hell we even have oil!

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    I'll say it again..... All these idiots had to do was conduct a REAL audit of one states votes, prve the votes were legit, and this would have passed.

But couple no audit, lock downs, seemingly zero chastisement of BLM riots vs seemingly universal condemnation of the capitol "take over", and there will continue to be a shit storm that will bubble under the surface for a long time.
    The only question is how utterly neutered the US populace is or isn't. Obviously many are, but my suspicion and hope is that there are enough to at least get a divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have deleted both FB and Twitter. Fuck these people.
    Been in FB and Twitter jail for moths and am deciding where to move my online pressence too.

Interesting fact: FB actually will not let me delete my account or unfriend people right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    In the meantime, anyone who supports the Constitution will be smeared via non-stop false flags pinned on constitutionalists. You actually believe those rebel flags at the Capital were held by genuine MAGA people? We're going to be rebranded much like the Rebel Flag was after the civil war.
    That is one aspect of things I don't think people realize. Evidence is so easy to fabricate out of thin air that the dirt on actual scumbags is always deniable and fake dirt on people is viable. The only protection is truly knowing and being known by folks. As Dan John once said: "Integrity is everyone at your funeral talking about the same person."

But it's a scary prospect to think your wife can get a deepfake of a deep fuck video in her email. Or you boss or local law enforcement gets something incriminating.

But if you remove power from the State, that power does not disappear; it just gets taken over by someone else, by private organisations that in time end up running vast and important parts of public life. What you get, therefore, it not a Smaller State, but another State, a privatised one, where the voice of the people, of voters, counts for nothing. A world where some companies and individuals are so rich and powerful that they can control and effectively take over public debate and policy-making, and use the State apparatus for their benefit.
    Pretty much what we have now, except largely enabled by the State.

This is why I gave up the nosense that makes up most of the libertarian talking points.

You repeatedly hear the cliche of how the government came in and ran out the monsters, but then in fact became the mobsters, which is very true on many levels, but only the comic-con autists in the libertarian party are dumb enough to think that getting rid of the government gets you freedom. No it gets you a different government. It may be the old mobsters or big tech or China, but there is no such thing as an absense of government. There is simply a breath between "The king is dead." and "Long live the king."

They will not leave you alone. They are like the joke of how the religious zealot cannot be happy knowing that somewhere someone is having a good time. Except we all know that the Leftist is worth ten religious zealots in this regard.

We need a better culture that produces better people to govern and better people who refuse to be governed poorly. Maybe that's impossible and we cycle through various forms of tyranny through all of whast is left of human history, but the only time you get freedom from government (good or bad) is in times past when human contact was much more limited and in future dystopias where the case is possibly the same. Until the later, they can pretty much tell when you fart from satalite cameras. Sure they may not care about you or I in particular right now, but they have nothing better to do then keep going down the lists until they get to us.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I doubt she knows much of anything (you’ve got to sign it to know what’s in it). None the less, ignorance of classified information does not forgive a violation.

What Pelosi did blatantly countermands our strategic doctrine. It is clearly a grave security violation.

Almost can’t find it in the news. Typical.
    Her comment has to be in violation of some state security protocol to put the western hemisphere in jeopardy, Biden if he has any authority should recommend she be treated as one who adds and abets an enemy of the state.