starting strength gym
Page 1009 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 95099099599991007100810091010101110191059110915092009 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,090 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is what Civil War looks like in the 21st Century: A Truth Reckoning: Why We’re Holding Those Who Lied For Trump Accountable

Vendetta, wealthy on wealthy. Those of us that enjoyed the low taxes, cheap gas, and relief from regulation don't make a fuck to these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    For those that missed it, here is the smoking gun proving Trump incited a violent riot:

From the NYTs

“The president’s speech was riddled with violent imagery and calls to fight harder than before. By contrast, he made only a passing suggestion that the protest should be nonviolent, saying, “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.””
    In my pdf of the transcript, I highlighted what I thought others would potentially object to. The violent imagery in question might be words like “fight”. Always mentioned in connection with expectations of representatives on the Hill, that they must do their job.

Calling deep BS on NYT. Almost inflammatory. Almost inciting the left to political violence.

This is a useful book to explain the modern civil war:

https://www.c4i.org/unrestricted.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Your brain would have to be a 12 year old Chinese Olympian to do the mental gymnastics to actually type and believe what they do.

These people are genuinely evil and committing child abuse towards any of their readership still stupid enough to take them seriously.
    No doubt. No argument. I just have to remind people these “papers of record” have been fraudulent for a long time. This isn’t new.

I don’t know why I have to pull Hurling’s weight, he’s the resident historian, but I remember the NYTs defending Gary Hart (presidential run) in the 1980s against the supermarket tabloids. Ha! Ha! Aliens and conspiracies - ignore them. Well they got it right and the old lady got it wrong.

The big difference is the newspaper era was a once per day tit for tat. We live second by second today. Benjamin Franklin shit on Thomas Jefferson by writing with a pen made from a bird feather and mailing it by boat from France. It took a month. On the basis of what were they more civil than Trump or Pelosi?

Sure a lot of bad things have happened for real now and this year and maybe we are hitting a low, but humans have not evolved in a few centuries. Technology has.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is what Civil War looks like in the 21st Century: A Truth Reckoning: Why We’re Holding Those Who Lied For Trump Accountable

Vendetta, wealthy on wealthy. Those of us that enjoyed the low taxes, cheap gas, and relief from regulation don't make a fuck to these people.
    They are trying to excommunicate the objecting senators from society. It's fucking insane. Anyone who doesn't see how fucked up these cancellations of people and businesses are is just willfully ignorant. They are a lost cause to try and reason with. They are why this is going to come to violence. I don't mean that Animal House type shit that happened Wednesday either, I mean real violence.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    So, steps we can take....
    1) switch to protonmail (from Gmail)... Ready to do that now
    Worth noting - if you use protonmail as your primary email provider, prepare to have some of your emails go to spam and for some systems not to accept your email address as valid when signing up for things or buying things. Protonmail has scared too many governments and people, so it has ended up on watch lists and blacklists.

My personal approach to email is to use a provider who is not free (which is one of the strong points of protonmail). Email is not secure. So the best you can realistically
    hope for is to vote for businesses that don’t depend on privacy invasion for their business model to remain viable. I like Fastmail.

"It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.” – Mark Twain. The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

I've lost faith in our collective ability to process the information that we are exposed to through social media and our social bubbles. As much as the far right and far left point fingers at each other, they are guilty of the same offense. They lack the ability to rationally process the media and current events. Look at the absurd video miro posted claiming that the shooting of Ashli Babbitt was staged. Look at the conspiracy theories people come up with to offload their problems. It's just another form of victim mentality.

Trump said he would only accept the election results if he won in 2016 and in 2020. Trump's evidence has always been anecdotal. Did the election process really change between 2016 and 2020? It was a safe bet that Trump would dispute the election if he lost. He said he would do it. Look for fraud in any election in history and you will find it. It's impossible to have a perfect election. To argue that coordinated fraud corrupted the 2020 election, or any previous election for that matter, seems like an unlikely proposition.

Trump incited no violence whatsoever. But the Left has agreed to pretend that he did, while pretending that they incited no violence all summer. A whole lot of agreeing to pretend has occurred this past year, almost completely replacing rational discourse.
    i watched the whole speech, there was no incitement to violence at all! The sickening thing was that when President Trump was trying to call for people to back down and NOT be violent, Twitter wasn't allowing the transmission. It does appear that the real revolution happened many years ago and we only realized that during this current election process.
    i have noticed this trend not only in the US but also in my country. It really doesn't matter who you vote for, you get the same policies, just packaged a little differently depending on which aisle they come from.

Trump incited no violence whatsoever. But the Left has agreed to pretend that he did, while pretending that they incited no violence all summer. A whole lot of agreeing to pretend has occurred this past year, almost completely replacing rational discourse.
    It's classic accuse the other of what you perpetrate yourself tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Did the incitement to violence occur later? Where, How?
    If Trump actually incited violence most of Congress would be dead right now.

starting strength coach development program
    This guy sums it all up perfectly. It's exactly how I feel about things.
    LOCKDOWN 3 - YouTube

This guy really sums it up! When will this nightmare stop.
    CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED - YouTube

Elon Musk asks people to use Signal app instead of WhatsApp and Facebook over privacy issues , World News | wionews.com