starting strength gym
Page 1014 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 1451491496410041012101310141015101610241064111415142014 ... LastLast
Results 10,131 to 10,140 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MashedTaters View Post
    I just rewatched Starting Privacy with Ben Gillenwater, and reread the discussion posts.

The link if anyone missed it...

Starting Privacy with Ben Gillenwater | Starting Strength Radio #55

Rip, in the podcast at 1:00:33 you ask, paraphrased, what happens if we don't take any protection measures for privacy and security such as encrypt, use nextdns, etc. Ben's reply was, again paraphrased, that we're entrusting the storage and analysis of our mind to 3rd parties.

I think we're in a different world now. The add-on to Ben's answer is now, I believe, the powers that be will target, and based on websites visited and comments made in online discussions, cancel and dox the undesirables whose "mind" is not right. Given this, and the current issues discussed in this thread with Firefox and Duckduckgo, I wonder if Ben would recommend anything differently now?
    I view our current scenario with respect to privacy the same as I did prior to all the craziness of the past week. I recommend the same things as I did before, but of course each person's tactics should be specific to their own situation and risk profile. Nothing has really changed in my opinion - it's just that these tech companies have finally decided to take external actions that match their internal intentions. They're still the same privacy-invading, mind-controlling entities they were before.

I think what may change is the level of effort and expense the average person is willing to put into their privacy. My general experience when talking about privacy with people has been that the general concept would be received and understood, but the amount of action any given person would put in was usually zero. The problem was not tangible enough. Now that the problem is becoming tangible, I wonder if people will start to take action.

If you want to decrease the convenience and ease of your online experience and in turn increase your personal privacy, then I recommend you follow the advice I outlined in the forum thread that MashedTaters linked above. If you want to go a step further, I can also recommend the following:

• Assume that big tech companies are buying your credit card purchase data and correlating with the profiles they otherwise have about you. Even if you do not use social media, assume that social media companies are still tracking everything you buy and everything you do online. Assume the same for governments. Consider using separate credit cards for online purchases vs in-person purchases.
    • If you want a purchase to be private, do not use a credit card. Use cash or use a private cryptocurrency like Monero.
    • Assume that your internet providers (home, work and mobile) are profiling everything you do online and selling that data to 3rd parties. Consider using a privacy-oriented VPN service like Mullvad that does not keep logs of your internet activity.

Quote Originally Posted by bgilly View Post
    • Assume that big tech companies are buying your credit card purchase data and correlating with the profiles they otherwise have about you. Even if you do not use social media, assume that social media companies are still tracking everything you buy and everything you do online. Assume the same for governments. Consider using separate credit cards for online purchases vs in-person purchases.
    • If you want a purchase to be private, do not use a credit card. Use cash or use a private cryptocurrency like Monero.
    It feels like the end is near. However none of this is new. Grocery stores have been using store cards (over coupons) for what? 30yrs? Diet Coke is $18 for cash and $1.99 with store card. Think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Like a lot of people, I've been watching the videos from Simon Parkes. Partly for info, but also with many grains of salt. Curious how he and his UK friends seem to have their fingers on the pulse of US politics and behind-the-scenes maneuvering. Spidey-senses going off for me. But I gave some leeway, and watched to consume whatever names/places/events that might match up with that from known trusted people.

His most recent video, titled "11th January Third Update Current News," was a red flag for me, as he claimed to have had a 90-minute phone call on an unsecured line with the real "Q". Not someone who is part of the small number of people who make up "Q" — but "Q" himself who has been doing the posting on the chan boards.

Riiiiiiight.

Then I found a series of four interviews that he gave. Posted below is only the first — you can find the rest if interested. Since they all run over an hour each, I can't be bothered watching them. But here are the highlights:

He’s met and grew up with ET species such as the Mantis, the Greys and the Reptilians

Claimed he fathered a child with an alien he regularly meets up with for extra-terrestrial sex

Says he is beamed up for space sex four times a year by that extra-terrestrial he calls the Cat Queen and claims they have a child together called Zarka

Said he's 1/3 human, 1/3 reptilian and 1/3 mantis

Get the net.

So much for trusting him for military intel.
    After Rip said the guy is a loser, I did the same research you did. OMG <blush>. I fell for his NPR / BBS calm voice and the Mr Rogers sweater. I'm so ashamed. I should have know; the guy has a cat.

MonkeyWerks walked back his "insurrection act" intel after catching shit from his MI buddies. He's an honest guy who feels stupid for not letting that info bake a bit. One of his active duty friend was told that's why he got called in on a Sunday. So, somebody wants that info (probably bogus) out there.

I guess these two guys get to stay on Youtube for a reason. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Perhaps Starting Strength will become a news portal for more than just strength training and Texas Cafe food. Or maybe it already is.
    We’re probably all being monitored and classified as white supremecist radicals. Pretty soon barbell training will be considered racist.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardGreen View Post
    .. It seems if you were outraged about the black lives matter protest you should be equally outraged over this.
    The BLM supporters assaulted innocent civilians as a first course of action.
    They were never denied access to the judicial system.
    All of their grievances were addressed and investigated.
    Their voting rights were expanded.
    Their representation in the bureaucracies was expanded.
    All of this and they still decided to attack innocent civilians, destroy private poperty, attack the constitution and the nation.

The patriots at the capitol repeatedly tried to work within the system according to the constraints of the law and constitution.
    Only after being denied "standing", free elections, free speech, equal opportunity for employment, equal treatment under the financial apparatus and fair treatment under the judicial system did they escalate.
    It was necessary.

There are many people claiming this was a set up that will be used to justify martial law and tyranny.
    Consider the opposite scenario: if the patriots had not marched in DC, the unopposed leftists in the Biden regime still would be pushing for restriction of the 1st and 2nd amendments.
    They pushed for impeachment of Trump before the marches too.
    They were targeting political dissidents before any "right wing" protests had taken place.

While we wait for the Qanons to realize there is no plan, we should be encouraging the Biden regime to push for the most extreme, ridiculous, restrictive, nonsensical authoritarian policies possible.
    They will try to crush dissent chi-com style anyway.
    Better to make them think it needs to happen quick.
    Play Judo.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    We’re probably all being monitored and classified as white supremecist radicals. Pretty soon barbell training will be considered racist.
    Oh, it's coming: Do CrossFit'&#39;'s troubles reflect wider racist in gym culture? - Los Angeles Times

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Definitely the tool of toxic masculinity!

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    All of this and they still decided to attack innocent civilians, destroy private poperty, attack the constitution and the nation.

The patriots at the capitol repeatedly tried to work within the system according to the constraints of the law and constitution.
    Only after being denied "standing", free elections, free speech, equal opportunity for employment, equal treatment under the financial apparatus and fair treatment under the judicial system did they escalate.
    It was necessary.

There are many people claiming this was a set up that will be used to justify martial law and tyranny.
    Consider the opposite scenario: if the patriots had not marched in DC, the unopposed leftists in the Biden regime still would be pushing for restriction of the 1st and 2nd amendments.
    They were targeting political dissidents before any "right wing" protests had taken place.

While we wait for the Qanons to realize there is no plan, we should be encouraging the Biden regime to push for the most extreme, ridiculous, restrictive, nonsensical authoritarian policies possible.
    Play Judo.
    BLM started as a movement when a football player took a knee during the national anthem played prior to playing a football game. Even that proved to be too much apparently. The grievances not being addressed by the judicial system was exactly what it was about, so these are strange statements to be making. I'm not going to unpack the rest of your statements as your position on the right to protest/riot is clearly dependent on whether or not you agree with which side you are on. What I am saying is that both groups have the right to protest. Neither group has the right to riot. You can't condemn the rioters associated with BLM while at the same time as praising the actions of these "patriots".

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post

However, an organic, nation-wide movement of racially-awakened white people, who feel like their cultural norms and ideals, and very existence, is under attack does pose a significant threat to the establishment. It's an extra headache because in America this majority white crowd also had numerous "red-pilled" minorities among their ranks at the protest, which is pure cancer for the establishment media's optics. They cannot allow this symbolically powerful image of them taking over the Capitol's seat of power to be interpreted as something positive by the millions of Americans watching it unfold on TV and online.

Please re-read your statement. If you hold this to be true and stand by your words there is a problem.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

It was necessary.

Play Judo.
    The set up aspect is a rather moot point. The bigger picture is they have been on a trajectory that will never change unless they are defeated, but it is rather telling how hysterical the "conservative" pearl clutchers are to make sure no one thinks ill of them. The only thing worse than them are the folks who are looking forward to openly playing defense after four years of not knowing what to do with any actual forward motion.

I'll believe that the Sniffer and the Sucker are going to get in on the 21st though. I've read enough history to know what happens if that happens though. The difference being that previous generations that resisted such things seem to have had bigger balls.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardGreen View Post
    there is a problem.
    Yes. Numerous ones, but Matt is correct, troll.