starting strength gym
Page 1018 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 1851891896810081016101710181019102010281068111815182018 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,180 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    You know, I've said some things about how people should hold each other to a higher standard regarding good faith in such discussions and this is a great example of you doing that, for me. Thank you. I was speaking with insufficient data when I compared the two. I'd still say the comparison stands as it relates to accountability, but the nature of the deaths is certainly not as simple as I once believed. The police officer murdered, the woman killed breaking through the barrier, and Rosanne Boyland, who died after being trampled in the Capitol, and coincidentally the day she carried a Gadsden flag, were the only three you could attribute to the violence inside the Capitol. So we've got 3/4 of a Benghazi if we're going to directly compare numbers. The man who took his own life 3 days after the event, and the other guys who had a heart attack and stroke, could not honestly be considered dead as a direct result of the violence that day. I had not sufficiently investigated the claim I put forth, and in doing so was being intellectually lazy. You have done me the service of ensuring the things I believe are more deeply rooted in the truth, and I thank you for it.
    The problem is deeper than that. If you think the deaths of our embassy staff and operators in Libya during an attack by foreign hostiles is somehow equivalent to a staged event in the Capital building where the police opened the gates and the doors for the protesters, you are more than merely intellectually lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    I will try to contain my excitement at the thought of being personally responsible for getting you and Hag to actually agree on something here...
    That happened? I'm sorry, I don't read his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    If the legislative branch of the government of the entire USA has to grind to a halt so elected officials can run from their lives for people calling for their death, that's a problem for more than 300 million people.
    And I'm with Jenni: if the legislative branch of the US Government grinds to a fucking halt, it would be hard to imagine a more useful situation, since everything they touch is subsequently destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Because the new more dangerous mutant strain of Covid has arrived in Australia, West Australian state govn announces at all airports “....those found to be flouting the mandatory mask requirement, they face fines of up to $50,000....”
    mind you we have zero deaths and zero cases there..but you never know I guess ?
    It is all about "fear" the most deadliest virus there is and you cannot get a vaccine for it. I spent 10 years going back and forth to India, a country where tuberculosis accounts for about 25% of the cases worldwide, it is extremely infectious and kills over 1 million people per year. WHO calls it the worlds most deadly disease. 1.5 million people died with it in 2018 and 10 million are infected with it each year. Corona virus kills TB patients very quickly where there is poor medical help. Where I went I saw leprosy, mosquitos type diseases such as filariasis, malaria, I was vaccinated for Hep B, tetanus, cholera, typhoid. However I survived all of that and I have just about had my fill of the Corona where over 90% folk who get it overcome it, so you tell me why so much fear over this CV-19?

I am more fearful over governments that react without consultation and lock down whole cities for just one case of Corona, shut down state boarders and isolate hundreds of people trying to get back home where previously they said it was safe to travel and had let them travel interstate and then all of a sudden lock the borders while they are on the other side, it is just crazy. God spare us from these lunatics.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    God spare us from these lunatics.
    He has not chosen to do so. Perhaps it's time to do it yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    Your narrative above is flawed from the very first paragraph. We do NOT hate black people, why do you? You're the one saying we've got to keep giving them money, which is code for stay on the plantation, then ridicule and demean them when one gets ahead. I want to see them better themselves, but they're not going to if they live off free handouts and are told not to have any desire to try. Better take a look at yourself in the mirror.
    With utmost respect, you're being overly defensive here. If my description doesn't fit you, then ignore it and don't take it personally. You don't speak for all conservatives, though - and maybe the lady doth protest too much?. Likewise, don't project onto me! Cheers!

Jovan from Czechia - look mate, when the demographics of Prague are 80% non-Slavic, PLEASE, by all means, get back to me about "racism" and all that. Until then, enjoy your crisp light beer on a nice terrace and pontificate some more about European nationalism.

With that said, look. Brethren. Treat our fucked up little countries as not nation states, but as essentially as the economic zones they are. We don't own our homelands anymore. Milk every penny from the system in order to support you and yours. Money printing is coming, so invest in the stock market and crypto-currencies like Bitcoin, which are gonna get bid up to $50,000 and rip higher in 2021 (I am not a financial advisor. I do not offer advice - only my opinion). The USD is dying, so they'll pump it to the moon. Fed. bond buying isn't going anywhere. Unemployment is probably above 50%, despite the official 20% figure from officialdom. The US budget deficit ballooned to 144 Billion in December in 2020, and more is on the way.

Former CIA director William Casey: "We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He has not chosen to do so. Perhaps it's time to do it yourselves.
    You know as well as I do Mark we can vote them out next election, however it does not matter who gets in these days GOP or Demoncrats or in our case here Liberal/National Party or Labor, state governments here of both persuasions have reacted the same way.

"And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever." Daniel 2v44.

I think we are in these "days". Well that is my opinion.

But before this, this has to happen.

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come."

So why the delay?

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Pet 3v9.

You should already know this. There were folk in your family that told you this a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    How? DC does jack shit for me. You know how many times the shit after 9/11 has inconvenienced me? A whopping zero times. You know how many potentially illegal conversations their stupid fucking wiretaps have gotten from me? None. Because I'm not stupid enough to handle things in a way that they can apply that tech to. I'm also not stupid enough to sit around and wait for DC to have say in what goes on in my life. If your life would change if AOC was dragged out and skinned, you need to fix that shit. Develop yourself a community of mutual aid, find parallels methods and communications. While you're at it go a step further and learn some monkey wrenching. (Welding and machine work wouldn't hurt either.) Do I want my country to be better, absolutely. But I will survive no matter what hellscape they leave us in.
    Here's how that's a problem: The less stability in the US government, the more opportunities there are for the Russians and Chinese to exploit that instability. The government of the USA, owning the second-largest stockpile of nuclear weapons, is a stabilizing force for the continued existence of the human race. Congratulations on your survival capabilities. If we get overrun by our adversaries, you'll be able to put them to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    There's a critical difference between Benghazi and the DC debacle. The former was indeed the result of non-decision making on the part of executives. The latter was a clustered up kluge made by a joint committee of the Capitol PD, the Sergeants at Arms of the House and Senate, and it appears the FBI deeming the march a non threat. No one in the Executive Branch was involved. Of course the FBI is now trying to cover it's ass by citing a memo about the threat that they didn't bother to account for last week. One might add that with the possible exception of the Sergeant at Arms of the Senate, the rest seem to be controlled by dems. The chief of the Capitol police and the Sergeants at Arms have all been fired or resigned. Looks like they got their marching orders to let a brittle perimeter happen for the march that was intended to fail for the purpose of further inflaming media and hence the public along with discrediting Trump and any of his supporters. It worked like a charm.
    I'm always up for discussing critical differences that expose flawed argumentation so that I can create a more fact-based understanding of reality. If I had to put blame on the preparation for the event, I'd put it on the Sergeants at Arms and the Capitol police, who repeatedly denied backup, from both the pentagon and the FBI Capitol Police rejected offers of federal help to quell mob
    Does this not look like the result of non-decision making on the part of the executive branch? The President Deliberately Withheld Aid to Combat the Insurrection | Talking Points Memo
    What about this? Maryland governor said he was repeatedly denied authorization to send National Guard to D.C.
    Those last two articles pertain more to who should be blamed once the protest turned less-peaceful. Could anyone honestly say the POTUS wasn't being briefed that this was happening? And yet, a full 90 minutes after the governor of Maryland got word of this, aid was finally approved. The acting SECDEF and the commander in chief who should be the individual who sends in the national guard withheld aid intentionally for an hour and a half. Does this not align with your definition of "non-decision making on the part of executives," sir?

The problem is deeper than that. If you think the deaths of our embassy staff and operators in Libya during an attack by foreign hostiles is somehow equivalent to a staged event in the Capital building where the police opened the gates and the doors for the protesters, you are more than merely intellectually lazy.
    Could it not be, coach, that those police officers were welcoming of "the storm" and aided the hostilities in dereliction of duty? I think it's more likely that they were themselves Trump supporters (like, sadly, the officer who had his head bashed in) and wanted to aid their allies. Those who opened the gates likely gave credence to the claims that the election was being stolen and felt as if by disrupting the certification process, they were actually supporting democracy by preventing an undemocratic steal of the election from taking place. If I was in their position, and had such suppositions, I'm not sure I would have done differently. Dereliction of duty by those who could have stopped the violence is the only way I'm asserting these two are equivalent. I wouldn't be willing to try the respectful discussion approach with the individuals of the first angry mob who chant "Death to America!" but would have such a chat with those of the second who chant "USA!" . . . even if they did it while watching someone beat a cop to death. I don't suppose they considered at the time that was what they were witnessing.

And I'm with Jenni: if the legislative branch of the US Government grinds to a fucking halt, it would be hard to imagine a more useful situation, since everything they touch is subsequently destroyed.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Yeah. Watched on video with him in it and was wondering where in the hell this guy was being leaked all this "information".

But then maybe pillow talk is a lot different with space aliens?

People following this sort of stuff just shows that gullibility has no political affiliation.
    Lin Wood is a fruit loop as well, I was following him on Parlor... I was thinking I could not possibly be the real LW.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    You really believe that, don't you?

BLM actually started with a riot.
    They were given an investigation and a fair trial. After which, a jury of their peers decided there had been no criminal wrongdoing.
    #BlackLivesMatter: the birth of a new civil rights movement | Civil rights movement | The Guardian
    Black Lives Matter: How the events in Ferguson sparked a movement in America - CBS News

There was not even an investigation or inquiry to address the concerns of the capitol patriots.
    What should happen when the grievances 100+ million people are willfully ignored?
    Where do 100+ million people go to address legal problems when the courts refuse investigate potential crimes?
    What recourse do the 100+ million people have left when they are no longer allowed political representation?
    How can this contingent of 100+ million people have a voice when they are censored, fired from their jobs and barred from nationalized utilities & infrastructure, like airlines and banking.

You are correct on the origins of BLM. It was started after a 17 year old kid who was walking home, was stalked, chased (yes he ran away), and then was confronted by an armed man who suspected he was up to no good, likely for the crime of being black. But let's for a second forget about whether or not you agree with this account and draw an interesting parallel with the current riots. George Zimmerman went through the court system and was found not guilty. According to your logic there should be no call for protests as this went through the judicial system which found Zimmerman to be found not guilty. Trump also went through the same legal system and lost repeatedly when it came to proving his case regarding voter fraud. In the end Trump went through the same legal system and lost. If you don't agree with the protests (and yes rioting) regarding of the killing of a 17-year old kid, how do you condone the protests and riots after your presidential candidate lost in the same court system?