starting strength gym
Page 1023 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 2352392397310131021102210231024102510331073112315232023 ... LastLast
Results 10,221 to 10,230 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Are you guys pretending that we get to elect the President next time?
    They're already pushing to kill the electoral college.

Quote Originally Posted by nykid View Post
    The Covid-19 Death Toll Is Even Worse Than It Looks - WSJ

Turns out Covid has caused a lot of preventable deaths! Who knew?
    Turns out, lockdowns kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by GammaFlat View Post
    I believe the answer is 1 (one).
    But but but Eanderson said "many."

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    What are their choices?

Trump won in a field of 17(?) idiots. He ran as the ultimate outsider.

Biden won in a field of 17(?) idiots too. He ran as the definitive insider.

The next election will not be selecting Republican or Democrat, it will be about insider or outsider.
    Trump was an awful candidate in 2016. He had almost no actual ideas but rather a bunch of slogans, but I will say he entirely over performed and was in my mind a good choice in 2020. The fact that Rand Paul ran in 2016 and got over looked pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    Trump was an awful candidate in 2016. He had almost no actual ideas but rather a bunch of slogans
    In fairness to Trump, that is nearly every politician, especially any that run for president.

Turns out, lockdowns kill people.

But but but Eanderson said "many."
    I'm sure the aba will be dismissed as some sort of leftist rag, but you can read for yourself here: Current Litigation

You realize that you have to say what your evidence is when you bring these cases right? It's not like tv where you drop a surprise witness in the third act.

Anyway I'm just saying that these cases and lawyers are not credible and never were. This forum is usually so cynical and pragmatic; I've been surprised no one here sees the obvious grift of these lawsuits and the fundraising vehicle they really are.

Are you guys pretending that we get to elect the President next time?
    You mean the Madam President! I don't think Biden will make a second term, so you have to experiment with Harris. We had a female Prime Minister a few years ago. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    Trump was an awful candidate in 2016. He had almost no actual ideas but rather a bunch of slogans, but I will say he entirely over performed and was in my mind a good choice in 2020.
    I agree that he greatly over performed. Quite a positive surprise. I'm not sure he was a good choice for 2020. Not because of himself, but the next couple of years will be far too divisive everywhere. With Trump as president, the left-wing media would have another run of batshit crazy, which would further antagonize everybody and everything. Trump's supporters are also much more rational and prone to realpolitik, so Biden's presidency seems like a good compromise for the world wide situation. Americans will take the brunt of the damage with higher taxes and shit, but I guess it's a price you guys are always paying for having the world's only currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    For the most part the R's and the D's are the same party. They will continue the lie for as long as they need to. They wont ever stop cheating, they'll throw some Rino's into office once and a while.
    I may never vote again, which I know is what they want. Not that it matters much in my state.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisatkeson View Post
    The right has a real problem now. Trump has repeatedly condemned those who participated in the capitol riot, though many big conservative players already excused it. Check out this tweet by Nick Fuentes, one of the loudest voices in the America First movement who rallied at the riot: https://twitter.com/NickJFuentes/sta...97332384100354.
    Trump's basically ostracized a large portion of his followers, and there is some major fallout. You can see the disintegration in real time on twitter, as members with pepe profile pictures and trump memes are forced to turn against the president to avoid turning on their own. Some who are more moderate still hold onto conspiracy, claiming that Antifa is at the center of the attack, or the whole event was staged, though essentially every rioter identified is traced to Trump and multiple big name Trump supporters are at the event. What happens next?

Reminder to unaffiliate with the Republican or Democratic parties if you had registered under them in order to participate in primaries.

Unregister to vote immediately.
    You may be able to do so online or you may have to do so in writing or in person at some government office.
    We cannot lend them credibility by participating in the election system when we now know beyond any reasonable doubt that it is a rigged system in which votes do not count.

Now, we struggle on as we hope a leader emerges who can unite and energize a large portion of the 100-200 million former Trump supporters and former Bernie supporters who feel they have been sold out by both political parties and underserved by their chosen candidate.

starting strength coach development program
    A little update from Italy if anyone is interested: something like 60,000 bars and restaurants (and even some gyms and swimming pools) have organized to reopen starting from today, following every sanitary norm but serving clients regularly. A gym franchise called GimFive opened all of its gyms (2500 square meters gyms) and they haven't been fined or closed by the police even if they were present.
    This happened because the government announced harsher restrictions on bars and restaurants (close everything from 6pm,no matter what the situation is).
    Mabye we still have some hope, now we'll see how our government really feels about its citizens. Hopefully these people will not stop at the first sign of trouble. Of course the media and govt will attribute the next third wave to this instead of the new british variant like they were going to, or mabye both, it's more convenient.
    We've had some protests back in October but they were mostly overwhelmed with vandalism so nobody paid attention to those. This instead makes more sense.