COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1025

starting strength gym
Page 1025 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 25525925975101510231024102510261027103510751125 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,250 of 11357

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #10241
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    30,214

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by CFPeterson View Post
    Which one of you was the one who said things would re-open right after the election was over?
    I know I was one of them. I was wrong, but then I suspect the dem gauleiters wanted to keep the screws on until some of the courts and the media had put a stake through the heart of the shenanigans (Biden's word) conducted during the election.

  2. #10242
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFPeterson View Post
    Which one of you was the one who said things would re-open right after the election was over?
    All of us.

    If it wasn't so maddening, it would be hilarious.

  3. #10243
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFPeterson View Post
    Milwaukee ended capacity limits this week. The Chicago mayor announced yesterday she is pushing to re-open there. New York, except the city, is now re-opening. Its a Christmas miracle! Which one of you was the one who said things would re-open right after the election was over?
    I'll be honest, I'm surprised they're changing their tune this fast. I expected at least a few months to wind it down, just to make it look realistic. After no one threw a fuss about the election shenanigans and the deplatforming of Trump I suppose they figured they could get away with whatever they wanted. People really are stupid.

  4. #10244
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFPeterson View Post
    . Its a Christmas miracle! Which one of you was the one who said things would re-open right after the election was over?
    I did. My only weasel escape is that it required a Biden win . Maybe they are waiting for inauguration?

  5. #10245
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFPeterson View Post
    Which one of you was the one who said things would re-open right after the election was over?
    I'm sure many of us did. Manufactured disasters make for easy manufactured recoveries that you can put in place just in time for your people to be in control of the federal government and take the credit.

  6. #10246
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    So, everything after the sweeping away of the Ancien Regime is coloured by the Enlightenment, therefore, everything that came after can be tenuously categorised as being within the sphere of "liberalism"? Very clever, I guess. Well done. Go back further and you'll hit upon Socrates.
    The argument was that a world organized into nations is associated with liberalism, whereas a world organized in terms of churches and aristocracies is reactionary/illiberal.

    [QUOTE=Matt Jackson;1800813]A nationalist can oppose mass immigration, and the genocide of his people through demographic replacement, without getting bogged down with the hair-splitting distinctions like you're trying to make.

    The philosophy and politics of Third position/national socialism flies in the face of the egalitarianism central to modern, liberal thought. NS's own thinkers clearly state so: it is anti-democratic, anti-materialist, and anti-individualist as a minimum. NS is anti-conservative nationalism. To call it anything else than "illiberal" is just sophistry. Yes, you could look at something like Hitler's NS and trace the philosophical lineage of its use of "fraternity" to the Enlightenment, but so what?

    Hitler’s movement was all of these things, but it was all of them in spite of its “nationalism”, not because of it. The illiberal half of NS is not the “national” part.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Yours sounds exactly like the same kind of argument I recently had with a left-leaning, progressive member of my family over Christmas time. Its the kind of argument a lefty applies to borders, race, or any other nationalist concerns. It went along the lines of:

    "Actually, I think you'll find if you go back far enough, the so-called "British" people are not genetically monolithic at all and are an admixture of Norman... Anglo Saxon... Roman... Early European Farmer... Western Hunter Gatherer... We're all immigrants, so mass immigration should continue because it's normal and natural, and you have no real identity anyway!".

    This kind of argument is obviously just an attempt to divorce us from any sense of belonging to our land, and invalidates any sense of hereditary achievement or entitlement, and it is exclusively applied to white people.
    This is the 2nd biggest flaw in your whole argument: nobody benefits from doing this. The celebration/lionization of non-white cultures (and the marketing of such as a lifestyle accessory/identity marker) is an attempt to commodify those cultures for profit carried out by right-wing globalists like Yngvi. Nobody is trying to “break up” white solidarity, and if they wanted to they wouldn’t need to—it never existed. White culture has dominated all other cultures throughout history, and so was capable of much more schisming/diversification than others. Black culture (and DEFINITELY the antiseptic, corporatized version of same that is promulgated by the globalists) authentically is more homogenous/”united” than white culture. There’s no conspiracy, Matt.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Is the aim of your point to undermine the idea that nationalism could be a legitimate alternative to the neo-liberal order?
    Not at all, no. But it won’t be because National pride/sense of national identity is diametrically opposed to liberalism.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Your rhetorical question reinforces your point, but rather than clarifying anything, your point does more to confuse things. As far as thinkers go, without getting into actual Third Positionists like Gentile, just look at Nietzsche..
    Actually, this is one of the very few decent answers to that rhetorical in my opinion. I’m allergic to him and his kind, so I’m not going to read all of that dorm room shit you wrote about him. BUT, I doff my cap to you for producing a decent example of a thinker for whom nationalism and liberalism have a very complicated relationship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Nietzsche is a modern thinker who is constantly accused of being philosophical fuel for the Nazis, and he claims to oppose the liberal. He's actually none of those things. He is anti-populist and anti-nationalist. You could say he's "liberal" according to your definition, and therefore according to you technically "in some sense a nationalist". Again, so what? He proves your point, but what is the substance of your point?

    Have you ever actually read any Third Position stuff?
    He is certainly anti-populist and anti-nationalist, yes. He famously laughed hysterically upon being told his sister had married a white supremacist and was moving to Paraguay to found a “Pure Germanic colony”.

    I’ve read plenty of Nazi’s. I can’t recall at this moment the subtle distinction between Nazis and Third Positionists. But I’m familiar with the arguments. These men aren’t liberals. But they’d still not be liberals if they renounced nationalism.

    Let me reiterate my rhetoricals from the last post:

    If the globalists fear that a show of racial solidarity will galvanize a new racially aware white political faction in the U.S., then why did you say it was a “problem” for them that the capitolists were racially diverse?

    If most people, rather than an eccentric fringe, feel that white solidarity is important and/or that their white heritage is an important part of their identity, then why are their converging lines of evidence (interracial marriage/family rates, polling data about attitudes towards black coworkers/bosses/subordinates, the fact that the biggest two dozen political parties in the U.S. unequivocally disavow racialist policy-making that benefits whites in any form whatsoever) suggesting otherwise?

  7. #10247
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    778

    Default

    So, is now a good time to discuss peaceful secession and getting rid of Daylight Savings Time, or are we agreed on wasting another year?

  8. #10248
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Troop presence in D.C. has now increased to 25,000.

    If I heard correctly, there are now only 5,000 troops in all of Iraq and Afghanistan.

    Let those numbers sink in.

    Meanwhile, Mike Pence will travel to Fort Drum on Sunday to meet with the troops of the 10th Mountain Division:

    Page not found - MSN

    Now let's jump to "Q" for a minute. Back on June 4, 2020, in his 4,414th post, he wrote:

    Jun 4 2020 18:49:59 (EST)

    EAM LOYALISTS:
    RED1: POTUS twitter removal
    RED2: Central communications blackout [continental US]
    RED3: CLAS movement PELOSI or PENCE
    RED4: Movement of MIL assets [10th Mountain_1st Marine_CPSD_Marine_QVIR] to central locations under guise of citizen riot control.
    RED5: NAT MIL COM CEN
    RED6: SEC OF DEF _instruct1
    USSS
    CASTLE_ROCK
    Q

    These appear to be checkpoints for the final countdown.
    How did he know seven months ago that Trump would be removed from Twitter?
    Odd the mention of the 10th Mountain, isn't it?

    1st Marine is based in Camp Pendleton, CA
    CPSD could be either Contingency Planning and Support Division (US FEMA) or Cryptologic Systems Division (US Air Force; Lackland, TX)
    Not sure of the rest.

    Although, the military prison at Fort Leavenworth is nicknamed "The Castle."

    Was Pence maybe playing a role, and he wasn't a traitor to his country. He just punted on kicking it back to the states, giving the Representatives every last chance to do the right thing?

    We shall see ...

    There is a rumor that the military white hats and the Q team have access to a quantum computer, one that can plan out every possible move and every possible permutation, thereby predicting the future.

    As Hannity so famously says, ... Tick ... Tock ...

  9. #10249
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    So, is now a good time to discuss peaceful secession and getting rid of Daylight Savings Time, or are we agreed on wasting another year?
    That would be the best way, I suppose.

  10. #10250
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    169

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    After making the House vote on trying to force Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment plus impeaching Trump a second time as some of her signature achievements, Nancy has been strangely missing in action this week.

    Every day this week she appointed others to conduct the House business, debating and voting. She was at a signing ceremony, plus has given a press conference, but nothing in what you would expect to be a normal official capacity.

    People have been analyzing this photo taken earlier this week:

    https://i.postimg.cc/cLT1qmDb/1-E4-A...DA08547-DA.png

    If she had security concerns, you would expect her to be surrounded by a security detail made up of beefy-looking tough guys. Instead she has three female agents around her.

    People have been analyzing the badges, and they think they are those of the U.S. Marshal Service. The type of people tasked not with protecting you, but rather keeping tabs on you. And females could follow her into the bathroom, and other places men can't.

    Others say that when a government official is under indictment, they cannot conduct official business. Which is why she handed off the House operations to others.

    In short, it seems very odd for someone who has a history of loving to grandstand to be trying to stay so low under the radar. Especially since she is the one who pushed so hard for those bills that came up for a vote this week.

    Something else that bears watching, as we count down to the 20th

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •