starting strength gym
Page 103 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 353931011021031041051131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    What is an unspoken tragedy here is all the socially isolated people in nursing homes. Or people in the hospitals who will never leave and die alone, and their families. Iam assuming all LTC facilities are in hard core lock down, as are hospitals.

My mother died last year, almost to the day, and we were in the hospital every day for three weeks until she passed away. If I (and my sisters) had not been there, and not been there the moment she passed, that would have been a problem, a big problem. How many are now going through this same issue?

Also, Mark has alluded to this very indirectly. In Tampa, we have a thriving church community. Easter is coming. How many of our older parishioners will be forced to watch our Easter service from home, and this being their last Easter on this earth? And many those old folks (I'm guessing here) would be willing to take a chance and attend services, even if the threat to get sick exists....and can't. They don't even get a vote.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I've said it before, but I am simply stunned by how quickly this snitch on your neighbor thing has manifested itself. Maybe it's all the Baptists here in Southern Illinois.
    Happened in East Germany and the USSR too, so it's not Babdists.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    Did you actually listen to that bbc news clip? I live in the UK and am not a fan of the BBC, but that particular clip was fairly well-balanced and just posed questions. In no way was it clearly suggesting that these measures should be implemented as a solution.
    Yes, I found it to be very suggestive around 0:40.
    I, like many of us here in the UK, have to "stay home" and consume this tripe from daily news outlets like the BBC.
    Unbelievable that we are being punished for the failures of this government, previous governments and consistent under funding of our front line health service.
    Oh well, I'm sure if we hit the UK governments 20,000 death target then we can all look forward to the sickening live coverage of the knighthood ceremony that awaits us.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    Skin in The Game perspective re. death rate by occupation. Medical profession doesn’t rank in the top 25. Risk asymmetry / financial reward / job security anyone?....

usatoday.com

25 Most Dangerous Jobs in America – 24/7 Wall St.

You do realize that data was collected in 2017. Could you explain what pandemic was going on at that time and how PPE supplies were limited? Please just stop with this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Not everybody agrees with your assessment:

https://theinfectiousmyth.com/book/CoronavirusPanic.pdf
    So this guy is basically claiming that not only is Covid19 not as dangerous as it's made out to be, but there is no such thing as the coronaviruses in general, SARS included, SARS seems to be his primary topic of interest, or it used to be, I can see him writing many books on Covid19 in the future. He claims it's just a bunch of wrong testing and general panic mode going on among doctors and epidemiologists and politicians and everybody. This is my favourite part of the thread, maybe even of the whole event so far. Props for the pure HTML website, you don't see many of those nowadays.

At some point, the businesses that have not been destroyed will decide to open, and fuck the authorities. Then we'll see what happens.
    What does this mean?

Why do you persist on posting this rubbish? This is a highly conservative, conspiratorial internet blog and should not be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    So this guy is basically claiming that not only is Covid19 not as dangerous as it's made out to be, but there is no such thing as the coronaviruses in general, SARS included, SARS seems to be his primary topic of interest, or it used to be, I can see him writing many books on Covid19 in the future. He claims it's just a bunch of wrong testing and general panic mode going on among doctors and epidemiologists and politicians and everybody. This is my favourite part of the thread, maybe even of the whole event so far. Props for the pure HTML website, you don't see many of those nowadays.
    He makes some interesting points. I posted it since you're not doing anything else anyway, and you might as well have some stuff to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoLawerence View Post
    What does this mean?
    It means that when enough people get tired of this shit, it will end.

Why do you persist on posting this rubbish? This is a highly conservative, conspiratorial internet blog and should not be taken seriously.
    Did you actually read it? Which part is rubbish?

Did you actually read it? Which part is rubbish?
    The entire premise. The author is a conspiratorial nutjob. Please refer to his other article about Doritos I posted earlier in response to this. Given how critical and analytical of a person you claim to be, certainly you could find far better sources even if you are solely looking to having your opinion reinforced.

He makes some interesting points. I posted it since you're not doing anything else anyway, and you might as well have some stuff to think about.
    Oh, by all means, keep posting, I would never run across a dude like this one on my own.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoLawerence View Post
    The entire premise. The author is a conspiratorial nutjob. Please refer to his other article about Doritos I posted earlier in response to this. Given how critical and analytical of a person you claim to be, certainly you could find far better sources even if you are solely looking to having your opinion reinforced.

The Doritos article was not written by Steve McCann. And you didn't read this one. Go away this time, really. The adults are talking.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...e_is_born.html